Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarheel14 View Post
    Doesn't Scott Martin and Tim Horton use and push these?

I'm still happy with my current plastic baits. SK, zoom, yum , Berkley

Saw where Wheeler switched over from Larew to Googan. I know there are some other guys that switched to Googan and/or Favorite. I see grown ups at the huge Googan display loading up on baits all the time in a local shop. They have already had to reorder a time or two. Cabelas, Academy, BPS and Dicks have them and thought I read they are going into Wal Mart as well.

2. Banned
    3 words YAMAMOTO CUSTOM BAITS

Quote Originally Posted by bigbasshuntin64 View Post
    3 words YAMAMOTO CUSTOM BAITS

Damn, they make Googans baits now too? If so heads are gonna explode on here....

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    Saw where Wheeler switched over from Larew to Googan. I know there are some other guys that switched to Googan and/or Favorite. I see grown ups at the huge Googan display loading up on baits all the time in a local shop. They have already had to reorder a time or two. Cabelas, Academy, BPS and Dicks have them and thought I read they are going into Wal Mart as well.
    Getting in Walmart I would think could be a crazy big step.

Quote Originally Posted by Axkiker View Post
    Getting in Walmart I would think could be a crazy big step.

I might be mistaken but thought I read that.

My opinion on the Googans are while they are not for me I do recognize the amount of success they have had. They get kids excited about fishing. I can't complain about that. They have caught lightning in a bottle and are doing well from it. No hate here. Nothing they do really affects me. I stay in my own lane and wish them the best. Everything and everyone has a shelf life so they gotta keep on riding that wave until the eventual decline of the popularity.

while I don't particularly like their videos or their rods or their baits I have to admire how they all took a $150 cheapo video camera and started recording their goofy selfs and are turning it into an empire. They are proof that the American dream is still alive and that Capitalism rules.
    "Any pizza is a personal pizza if you believe in yourself"

Most of us are in the old farts lane. Just a different marketing ploy. Just like Ike, I don’t really agree with their approach, but they aren’t after my cash anyway. I still think a spinnerbait is a great bait. Larry
    There’s no use being stupid if you’re not willing to show it off.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Milehibird View Post
    Just another knockoff plastic company. Kudos to them for making something profitable using their reach, but they aren't going to get much support from the people who spend thousands of dollars a year rather than just tens of dollars a year.
    Lake Fork Guy alone has over 675,000 subscribers.

The Googans alone have close to 400,000 subscribers

Scott Martin has almost 400,000 subscribers.

If one million total subscribers spend spend $50 per year, that’s $50 million gross revenue.

And they’re just getting started.

9. Member
    I must be living under a rock. Lol just thought it was another bait company, Scott Martin was using.
    Russell Winneberger
    2002 Stratos 20 XL
    ColorVision Painting

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    I might be mistaken but thought I read that.

My opinion on the Googans are while they are not for me I do recognize the amount of success they have had. They get kids excited about fishing. I can't complain about that. They have caught lightning in a bottle and are doing well from it. No hate here. Nothing they do really affects me. I stay in my own lane and wish them the best. Everything and everyone has a shelf life so they gotta keep on riding that wave until the eventual decline of the popularity.
    Ohhh I agree 100%... Ive said plenty of times you gotta make hay while the sun is shining. The sun is shining for them.

11. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by c rig View Post

If one million total subscribers spend spend $50 per year, that’s $50 million gross revenue.

My brother and nephew are both Googan fans. They don’t have $50 between them. Seems about right. Lol

12. Member
    Damn.. I thought this was a Hubs Chub thread.. I must be getting old

Or wise anyone want to follow an old wise man throwing a hubs chub? I currently have 1 follower . She likes treats..

13. Member
    I believe the formerly elite angler MDJ switched from Kistler rods to the googan's Favorite. If I'm not mistaken, so did B-Lat. They are all trying to catch up to Roland who switched to Favorite 2 years ago.
    Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.

--Voltaire

Didn't know Favorite was associated with the Googans. I do recall seeing Favorite ads during the last BPT live event.

Same thing as buying sneakers of your favorite pro athlete. Kids follow them and like their videos, so in turn, they will buy their baits because the Googans say they work. I'm sure they are nothing special. Plus now all Scott Martin's Youtube followers are getting them jammed down their throats as well. Way too expensive for me, I'll stick with what I know works, Zoom, Missile, RI, Berkley, etc.

16. Member
    Scott Martian in a owner! I beleive.
    Russell Winneberger
    2002 Stratos 20 XL
    ColorVision Painting

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by catch5 View Post
    My brother and nephew are both Googan fans. They don’t have $50 between them. Seems about right. Lol
    Its interesting. I check on the Fish Brain website a couple times a week just to see what’s being caught in my area.

When I look at the pics, I see a lot of Googan bait packs.

I’d much rather see people young and old fishing small neighborhood retention ponds and giving credit to Googan baits than seeing those same people getting in trouble.

I'll probably buy some of their craws, since I like the baby rage craw. They have the strike king claws, and look like they will make a good jig trailer for small jigs I like to fish. I don't watch their videos, and haven't ever seen one of their commercials. Just the pictures of the baits look like a nice option.
    "It's even, but it ain't settled. Let's settle it." Fast Eddie
    I still can't believe they actually won...Cubs Fans Everywhere

19. Member
    Every post here makes them money...keep talking
    ~~1995 Gambler~~

Mercury 250 ProXS
    Bobs 10" AJ
    Dual Power Poles
    2-HB 1199's HB 1158 HB 597 in dash
    Ultrex 112

"Runs like a cheetah... with his @$$ on fire"

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by c rig View Post

Add in Jon B and Lunkers who both have 1 million subscribers each. Their making bank off these googan baits. I just watch Jon B and Lunkers and have been watching them for a few years now. I have noticed these past few weeks they have been pumping out videos marketing their stuff, especially that bandito bug.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast