Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Different '96 Erya Pricing Opinion

This post is not intended to be bashing on the price being asked for this boat! I'm looking for honest opinions on how far off are they, and where should the pricing be. This is a '96 Erya that essentially looks and appears brand new. The current owner has owned it for all of its 23 years and has taken meticulous care of it. All service since new has been at this same dealership offering it for sale. Boat is being traded in on a new boat. Here are the details:

New last year:
    -2016 Mercury Pro XS 175 with 10 hours on the motor
    -12' Talon
    -2- 93SV Garmin displays
    -Motorguide TM
    -On board battery charger
    -Tires/Wheels/Bearings
    -All Pumps and hoses

Hull is solid and transom is good, they inspected it in detail last year when they hung the new motor.

Now the kicker, I know this is a needle in a haystack kind of boat and expected to pay a premium for it, but they are asking $24,900 for it! How far out of line is this, and what would be an acceptable price to pay for a boat such as this.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. BBC SPONSOR
    I messed you back.
    FTO Marine Supplies
    BBC Sponsor

3. Member
    I WANT THAT BOAT!!!!!! BUT NOT AT THAT PRICE.....

4. Member
    That is a beautiful boat. Dang. A dream rig right there.

5. Member
    I realize that it has a new motor. Though it’s still 23 years old even though it’s a great hull. I still think it’s 5 grand too high. The graphs and trolling motor are nice upgrades but not anything crazy.

for $25K I would go buy the 2001 SABRE thats loaded out with a new motor on it.... and save $5K

https://basscat.com/forum/groups/bas...ury-175-proxs/
    "Any pizza is a personal pizza if you believe in yourself"

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by b*******51 View Post
    for $25K I would go buy the 2001 SABRE thats loaded out with a new motor on it.... and save $5K

https://basscat.com/forum/groups/bas...ury-175-proxs/
    I have seen that one! 16 hrs is a long haul to look at/haul a boat!

These 3 are within 6 hours of me, just nervous about the motors! The one for $9750 is probably the smartest move as I can get it for less!

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...2439741994853/

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...4468294911195/

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...3938997787373/

Want to make the right decision, both on a quality boat and financially!
    Last edited by evangorp; 02-22-2019 at 02:51 PM.

8. Member
    Even though the engine is fairly new, it is too much money for that rig.
    2019 BCB Classic
    Merc V8 200 4S

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by catdude28 View Post
    Even though the engine is fairly new, it is too much money for that rig.
    I’ve thought about offering $21k, but not sure.

10. Member
    I bet he'd take it... I called and he said he was gonna ask low to mid 20 on it. If uts what you want and you're gonna keep it for a long time I say go for it if you can afford it.

11. Member
    If I was going to spend near 25K I would get this first. I am sure he make work with you on price. A PII with 295hrs with tandem trailer is way more boat for the money.
    https://basscat.com/forum/groups/bas...-pantera-ii-2/
    2016 BassCat Pantera II
    Mercury 200 ProXs

12. Mississippi River Rat Kittycat2012's Avatar
    13-14 tops. You asked .....
    2023 Basscat Eyra
    Mercury pro team - Humminbird - Bobs - Power Pole - Garmin
    Hammer Rods
    The Tackle Trap

http://www.hammerrods.com/
    http://tackletrap.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunhunter67 View Post
    If I was going to spend near 25K I would get this first. I am sure he make work with you on price. A PII with 295hrs with tandem trailer is way more boat for the money.

^^^^^^^^This
    Bass Cat Caracal STS / Mercury 300 ProXS
    Jayco Northpoint 377 RLBH
    GMC Denali Ultimate DRW
    #ChargeOn #HereWeGo

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cajunhunter67 View Post
    I like this boat as well, concerns are not sure it will fit where I need it too, especially with the tandem axle trailer. Need to be able to easily maneuver it around in my garage. Kind of why I’m staying with an 18’ single axle. That and it’s my first bass boat, and have read they are easier to maneuver for new people especially on the smaller lakes where I will be using it the most!

15. Member
    We shall see what the dealer says today, then I guess I will know what route I am going to take. I appreciate all the comments and understand where everyone is coming from! I realize the boat seems high priced, and it is for the year, but I not doing it any justice when describing the condition. The previous owner had everything redone last year, down to every pump/wire/battery/motor/and electronics. Booking the boat out it has a value of 20K minus electronics/talon and that’s considering its average condition which it is not. My thoughts behind this particular boat are that it should give me at least 5 solid years of minimal issues. That and the boat is set up exactly how I want, so no additional cost re rigging it. Most other boats I see have things I want to change which in turn add to the cost. I really want to stay in the 18’ range as that’s what I’m the most comfortable with purchasing and using. I am fully aware that I can’t expect to sell the boat for 3-4 years for what I have in it. But that can be said for any boat I would purchase. Being a business owner I am a busy man and simply need a boat that will work when I need it to. Really don’t have the time to fix up a boat to my standards, there is a value there to me that is hard to put a price on! If I purchase the boat it will either be the best thing I have ever done or the stupidest noob mistake one can make. Then you all could say I told you so. I will not be paying 25k for it, I have offered them 21K and will not go any higher. If they say no, I will move on and continue my search.

The one one big benefit is I will have a solid motor that I could move to a different newer hull in 3-4 years if I so choose. Then sell this perfect hull and trailer off to someone who may have a motor, but no boat. But truth be told I plan on keeping this one for 10 years, by then I will be in a position to purchase my dream boat!

16. Banned
    The boat has a known history, and is as new.
    Motor has 10hrs.
    Talon.
    Good graphs.

The dealer will get a good dollar out of it.

17. Member
    I had a 95 era with a 150 promax and loved it, those hulls handle big water great I had mine on the TN river several times. Those boats fish like a much bigger hull and they were the first to have the recessed pedal molded in up front, I think with the condition of that boat you would be very happy at 21k my only advice is when stepping on the front deck don't let people lean on the windshield it will break the corner lol. You can call Ivan at the factory for setup advice he was a great help and knows those hulls.

18. Scraps
    I think I'd be cutting that price in half or thereabouts. I think a lot of sellers think they can jack the price up when putting a new motor on an old boat, but it just doesn't work like that. All said, if you could get the price down, I would snatch that up in a heartbeat. That was one fine hull and BCB's answer to the Ranger 461. One of the best fishing machines ever made.
    2017 Phoenix 819
    2016 200ProXS, s/n 2B359849, Mod 1200P73BD

Quote Originally Posted by evangorp View Post
    We shall see what the dealer says today, then I guess I will know what route I am going to take. I appreciate all the comments and understand where everyone is coming from! I realize the boat seems high priced, and it is for the year, but I not doing it any justice when describing the condition. The previous owner had everything redone last year, down to every pump/wire/battery/motor/and electronics. Booking the boat out it has a value of 20K minus electronics/talon and that’s considering its average condition which it is not. My thoughts behind this particular boat are that it should give me at least 5 solid years of minimal issues. That and the boat is set up exactly how I want, so no additional cost re rigging it. Most other boats I see have things I want to change which in turn add to the cost. I really want to stay in the 18’ range as that’s what I’m the most comfortable with purchasing and using. I am fully aware that I can’t expect to sell the boat for 3-4 years for what I have in it. But that can be said for any boat I would purchase. Being a business owner I am a busy man and simply need a boat that will work when I need it to. Really don’t have the time to fix up a boat to my standards, there is a value there to me that is hard to put a price on! If I purchase the boat it will either be the best thing I have ever done or the stupidest noob mistake one can make. Then you all could say I told you so. I will not be paying 25k for it, I have offered them 21K and will not go any higher. If they say no, I will move on and continue my search.

The one one big benefit is I will have a solid motor that I could move to a different newer hull in 3-4 years if I so choose. Then sell this perfect hull and trailer off to someone who may have a motor, but no boat. But truth be told I plan on keeping this one for 10 years, by then I will be in a position to purchase my dream boat!

With what you state above - Buy the boat, even if if cost you more than $21K. Only you have to be happy with the purchase and your time is worth the $$$. If you like the boat and have the money, go for it. Enjoy your time on the water. post a bunch of pictures when you get it.

I have a good friend and we always say two things:
    1 - Nice Shit is Nice!
    2 - If you want it and are willing to spend the money, its worth it.

Enjoy your new rig
    Bass Cat Caracal STS / Mercury 300 ProXS
    Jayco Northpoint 377 RLBH
    GMC Denali Ultimate DRW
    #ChargeOn #HereWeGo

For $25K I would find a Margay that is only a couple of years old with motor warranty. You can also find a newish Sabre at that price range. Both these boats should fit your storage needs and will fish better with better sotrage than the old Eyra. These newer boats will also have a lifetime hull warranty as they all 100% fiberglass construction. The 1996 has wood in the transom and floors. I purchased a like new 1996 Pantera Classic and it was in showroom condition. However over time the seal on one transom bolt worked loose slowly soaking the transom without me knowing. The result was a $3500 transom rebuild. I just can’t see spending that kind of money on a pre 2000s with wood in it. If its the boat you want buy it as it is an awesome rig!
    "Any pizza is a personal pizza if you believe in yourself"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast