Garmin Quick Disconnect Cradle

I think it was probably just operator error, but when I got home from the first outing with the 93sv I found the graph lying loose on the front deck. I just want to check if this is an issue or do I just need to be more careful when I snap it in place?

2. Member
    Probably the latter - I always thought it should feel more 'positive'; but, make sure
    it is aligned properly and then 'click' it in firmly.
    Do not take your half in the middle ....

3. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    I say be more careful and make sure it snaps into the cradle......have two EC+units for a year now and never had an issue of either one popping out.....when put in, i make sure i hear the snap and give it a few tugs to make sure its secure.........
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

As stated above make sure it snaps in I put mine on one time and I did not snap it right and when I hit the first wave it popped out luckily it's not in the drink I was able to grab it

Garmin replaced my cradle...wasn’t making good connection and was losing the transducer. I snap the 93sv in and now I can’t get it out. Guess I’ll just leave it in there.
    2021 Phoenix 21PHX

6. Member
    Mine snaps pretty audibly. So far no issues but I am a new owner as well. I have thought of something happening like the OP had happen. But that was before I actually owned one. Mine seems really secure.

7. Member
    The snap merchanism is NOT WELL DESIGNED, IMHO.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CHECrappie View Post
    Garmin replaced my cradle...wasn’t making good connection and was losing the transducer. I snap the 93sv in and now I can’t get it out. Guess I’ll just leave it in there.
    Yep! If you can't get it out no one else can! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by wishitwasbigger View Post
    Yep! If you can't get it out no one else can! LOL
    All I’m always with the boat and it’s garaged kept. I never stay overnight anywhere with it. Just a weekend warrior.
    2021 Phoenix 21PHX

10. Banned
    I bought a BIG band to put around the while driving.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0070EEGTK...550768150&sr=1

11. Member
    I've posted a couple times related to my unit falling out of cradle. I checked it throughly before I launched and it came off in my lap and hit the floor after about 6 hrs fishing.

I'm impressed with customer service at Garmin who is sending new cradle. No complaints so far. Things happen. Had this happened within a few minutes of running in choppy water, not white capping but wind were forecast to 10 mph and I'm sure gusts were more, I'd second guess my installing the unit.

One thing I will add is that I was told by agent that a file is kept on each customer that has issues. So I asked what if the unit went in the lake instead? Was told they would investigate and now that I've reported this issue if this were to occur it helps that their is history.

Again, not complaining, stuff happens. Feel pretty good about customer service and I really like the units.

12. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    I'm like coach Allen, I keep a velcro strap on my bow unit and use it if needed....
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

13. Member
    Thanks for the responses. Made a trip today and no issues. Fingers crossed.