Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    1st time he told me no shame on him, 2nd time shame on me. I guess they raise em different these days
    Dave
    2023 Ranger Z518/ Mercury 200 Pro XS

that little man is definitely gonna be a handful
    HARD WORK BUILDS CHARACTER

3. Member
    Boy have things changed, back in the day i would have got my arse wore out.

As a Dad of two boys I wouldn’t have ever stood for that type of behavior.
    I would have taken him home and let his Mom tell him he couldn’t keep the fish. But, that’s just how I roll.
    BassCat Sabre FTD
    Mercury 150 Optimax
    "It's just fishing"

5. Proud American Union local16's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fishhead399 View Post
    that little man is definitely gonna be a handful
    For sure on being a handful.. Reminds me a lot of my youngest grandson. He knows he'd never get away with that with his parents but I'd let him take that fish home everyday. The joys of being a grandpa

Dale Sinclair original

6. Member
    Telling my dad no would have went over one time, then the second time the fish would have been back in the water and my back side warmed up. It is funny, but not good to allow him to have that type of control. JMO, except my britches would have been warmed up.
    Praying for a Cure

7. Member
    That is funny, just glad I’m not the dad and have to listen to That whining 24/7, that short video was enough to last Me a while!!

9. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by wildturkey View Post
    Telling my dad no would have went over one time, then the second time the fish would have been back in the water and my back side warmed up. It is funny, but not good to allow him to have that type of control. JMO, except my britches would have been warmed up.
    I think dad's motivation for trying to reason with a child was for youtube footage and not about going home.

Yep, on 2nd time I would have gotten "the look". Then I would have thrown it back, went to the truck & did my sniffling there. Pop would have ticked and joked around with me till I was laughing, told me he loved me and we would have went home a team.
    I sure do miss those times :/
    Life is kinda hard but it's
    better than the other options .. er ..option !

Quote Originally Posted by slonezp View Post
    I think dad's motivation for trying to reason with a child was for youtube footage and not about going home.
    Yep, they got what they wanted. The smackdown came after the camera was turned off.

Quote Originally Posted by haveme1 View Post
    Yep, on 2nd time I would have gotten "the look". Then I would have thrown it back, went to the truck & did my sniffling there. Pop would have ticked and joked around with me till I was laughing, told me he loved me and we would have went home a team.
    I sure do miss those times :/
    The “LOOK” could kill from 10 feet away!
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12