Thread: Cruise control

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman6805 View Post
    Why don't more people use it on the interstate? I encounter an awful lot of people that drive really slow until you are about to pass then they floor it. Once you get around them they go back to their slow speed. I understand pulling a boat but in a passenger car I don't get it.
    I love cruise control! Just don’t use it in the rain!! I learned that lesson the hard way about 20 years ago. 180 in to the guardrail!!!

Quote Originally Posted by fishinFamily View Post
    I love cruise control! Just don’t use it in the rain!! I learned that lesson the hard way about 20 years ago. 180 in to the guardrail!!!
    I don’t use in rain either.

2008 BULLET 21XD 2007 Merc 300xs

3. Member
    I have a great son-in-law. I just hate going anywhere with him driving, because he is on the gas, off the gas, on the gas, off the gas all the time. I truly wish he would use cruise control.

4. Member
    The biggest loads I pull are a Starcraft 2100 Fishmaster and a 14' enclosed trailer with 2 atv's and all the ice fishing gear. I use my adaptive cruise every time. The worse drivers that slow down and speed up are...... women. There I said it, but it's true.

use mine all the time with rain or ice/snow being the only exception

Quote Originally Posted by billnorman1 View Post
    I have a great son-in-law. I just hate going anywhere with him driving, because he is on the gas, off the gas, on the gas, off the gas all the time. I truly wish he would use cruise control.
    worked with a guy once that would start talking and let off the gas, quit talking and back on the gas, I had to tell him you're either gonna have to drive or sit in the passenger seat to tell this story and when he added a radar detector it got worse, running 53 in a 55 and he would slam on the brakes if that stupid thing even chirped, I told him "your not even speeding" and his reply was "yea, this thing has really been saving me"

6. Member
    Is it OK to use cruise in the left lane?

The adaptive cruise is awesome.

8. Member
    I use cc daily and not afraid to use it on slower roads too. I am a pedal drifter so I use it for 2 reasons - give my passengers a break and keep from getting a speeding ticket

After driving a 19 Lexus RX for a few months I’ll never, ever own a car without adaptive cruise. I’ve always used cruise control, but that is some next level $h!+. I have to say I’m infinitely more impressed with the adaptive cruise, Lane assist, and collision avoidance on this new Lexus than I thought I’d be. Very effective.
    And while my wife swears by her backup camera, lane assist, and collision avoidance she will not use cruise on the highway. And therefore will remain a passenger when we travel on interstate together.
    BassCat Sabre FTD
    Mercury 150 Optimax
    "It's just fishing"

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RazorCat View Post
    After driving a 19 Lexus RX for a few months I’ll never, ever own a car without adaptive cruise. I’ve always used cruise control, but that is some next level $h!+. I have to say I’m infinitely more impressed with the adaptive cruise, Lane assist, and collision avoidance on this new Lexus than I thought I’d be. Very effective.
    And while my wife swears by her backup camera, lane assist, and collision avoidance she will not use cruise on the highway. And therefore will remain a passenger when we travel on interstate together.
    Love the cross traffic alerts too ... since folks seem to never want to let you back out of a space nowadays. Keeps from having a lot of collisions with the vastly self-important 21st Century drivers.

I rarely use cruise.

12. Member
    With the way our highways are congested, and the lack of other people’s ability to keep there own steady pace I rarely use it locally..

When traveling great distances I usually drive at night with the semis. Then it’s on spot lock and hammered down

13. Member
    When im towing the Travel trailer on the highway its almost always on. I use it locally on one stretch of road to keep me from getting a ticket.Very rarely use it towing the boat.

We just bought our first vehicle with adaptive cruise control, I really like it. I’m not 100% sold on the adaptive steering or whatever it’s called. Most of the time I thinks it’s great but I’ve been on some roads under construction and the lines are messed up or they are still visible but not the correct ones for the new lane. While it’s easily overridden it’s a decent pull towards what it thinks is the right lane.

I just drove from Newnan. To Cary NC and locked it on 74 mph for about 90% of the trip .. scored a 19 mpg average it saves gas !!

16. Member
    use it all the time. Helps me keep the speed limit I want. Sometimes I'll find myself wanting to go a little too fast.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rds_nc View Post
    Hate the adaptive CC. I want to set a speed and do that speed.
    +1

My experience has been that women tend to not use cruise control. It seems like they're afraid of it. I'm miffed that cruise doesn't work below 25 mph (typically). I'd like it to work in 20 mph school zones, so I can keep my eyes on the kids on the street and sidewalks and not staring at the speedometer.
    Don't bother me, I'm screwing for virginity.

I killed a 12-pack just to watch it die.

Had a guy in front of me today going up and down. Every time I started to go around he’d speed up. I admit I finally went around and slowed down in front of him. Of course that was because speed limit changed, but he then went on by and stopped the constant speed changes.

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Walkabout7781 View Post
    My experience has been that women tend to not use cruise control. It seems like they're afraid of it. I'm miffed that cruise doesn't work below 25 mph (typically). I'd like it to work in 20 mph school zones, so I can keep my eyes on the kids on the street and sidewalks and not staring at the speedometer.
    Mine works at 15mph and up ... very convenient for the school zones, as you noted.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast