Thread: Go Jacks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Go Jacks

On a dual axle trailer, can I get away with just 2 go jack dollies or do I need four? Not sure if the other axle without the go jacks will raise off the ground enough to move trailer/boat around?

2. Member
    I got four for my Z520C. I think the four are necessary.

When you order talk to them about shipping cost. They sent mine two to a box. Easier handling for sure. Good luck.

3. Member
    It all depends on how u need to move it. If all u need to do is just pivot the front of the boat around to fit it in the garage then it is definitely not necessary to have 4. Two will accomplish that just fine. But if ur needing to get all 4 wheels off the ground to move the whole boat around, then u need 4.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ch View Post
    It all depends on how u need to move it. If all u need to do is just pivot the front of the boat around to fit it in the garage then it is definitely not necessary to have 4. Two will accomplish that just fine. But if ur needing to get all 4 wheels off the ground to move the whole boat around, then u need 4.
    This. I normally only have to pivot the bow of the boat so I only use (2) of them. When I miss my mark and have to move the entire boat I use all 4.
    Mike
    Ranger Z520
    Mercury 250 Pro XS

Have always just had 2. Worked great on my Skeeter I Class, Skeeter Fx20 and Ranger Z520. Not an issue at all.

Mine are the Harbor Freight brand. Had them going on 5 years w ou th ZERO issues despite heavy use.
    Last edited by Mark Perry; 02-21-2019 at 03:47 PM.

Get the real go jacks not the harbor freight ones. Start out with 2 and if that works in your application (it usually does unless you need to go straight sideways). The harbor freight guys will be along shortly but you can watch this video until then. Remember gojacks are around $200. Harbor freight jacks are $100 but need $120 worth of wheels to be able to use them unless youre particularly strong and in shape.

xpress x19, 200ho G2, aluminum sawtooth cut prop, paper sack tackle storage, ugly stik pro team, color c-lector

Look up Bendpak they have dollies that I got to maneuver my Triton dual axle in my garage , no issues, free shipping ! Was about $599 for set four . Called RCD Go Cart Dollies , sold in pairs. Little tough at first get it to move but once it does a breeze.

8. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    4 for sure, tried to get away with 2 as well and no good

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by alli ss View Post
    Get the real go jacks not the harbor freight ones. Start out with 2 and if that works in your application (it usually does unless you need to go straight sideways). The harbor freight guys will be along shortly but you can watch this video until then. Remember gojacks are around $200. Harbor freight jacks are $100 but need $120 worth of wheels to be able to use them unless youre particularly strong and in shape.

i am with you the wheels are really bad on the HF model

10. Member
    I bought the titan version, so far so good
    98 Ra​nger R93
    00 Evinrude 175hp Ficht
    HB Helix 12 Mega DI G4N
    HB Helix 12 Mega SI G4N
    HB Helix 10 Mega SI G2N
    Mega 360
    Mega Live

11. Member
    Four gojacs they work awesome.
    Don Blume

2018 Ranger Z520C
    2018 Mercury 250 Pro XS 2B525775 2-Stroke

Past Rigs
    2008 Triton Tr186 with Mercury 175 Pro XS
    2000 Ranger R73 with Mercury 125
    1976 Basscat with 150 Mercury

12. Procraft/Astro Boats Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by alli ss View Post

The wheel dollies I have arent like those. Mine are made by Pittsburgh automotive and have much sturdier looking wheels. I can move a Nitro z8 with no problem using them. Paid 65$ a piece and been very happy.
    John Woodward

2010 Nitro Z8

13. Member
    I use two from northern tool

Quote Originally Posted by johnw91 View Post
    The wheel dollies I have arent like those. Mine are made by Pittsburgh automotive and have much sturdier looking wheels. I can move a Nitro z8 with no problem using them. Paid 65$ a piece and been very happy.
    Thats good because a boat sitting on those central ones takes a linebacker to move even an allison. I had 4 at one time to kick mine around and as far as i know they never rolled 1” with weight on them- even after all the grease mods you see.

xpress x19, 200ho G2, aluminum sawtooth cut prop, paper sack tackle storage, ugly stik pro team, color c-lector

Quote Originally Posted by johnw91 View Post
    Same here, mine are way sturdier and my jack is black not red. Paid about the same as you.

16. Member
    Good info gents, appreciate the time.

Just bought two from Harbour Freight today. Brought them home and took apart casters to grease them up and to my surprise they now have roller bearings in wheels and pivots. Greased up and assembled units. Stuck them under the wife’s Equinox and moved it around. Oh and they are on sale now for 65.99 each. Win-Win! FSHRMN1010

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FSHRMN1010 View Post
    Just bought two from Harbour Freight today. Brought them home and took apart casters to grease them up and to my surprise they now have roller bearings in wheels and pivots. Greased up and assembled units. Stuck them under the wife’s Equinox and moved it around. Oh and they are on sale now for 65.99 each. Win-Win! FSHRMN1010
    Got a model number, what color are they? Thanks

19. Member
    One model has Polyurethane wheels and is Powder coated, Sku 61917 Other has Nylon wheels and has Enamel finish Sku 62234. Which is better?

Model 62234 with plastic wheels have the roller bearings. FSHRMN1010

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast