Freeze frame fault printout concerns 250 ProXS

250 ProXS. 155 hours . Serial #2B018006. I had my dealer print out fault sheets, but I picked my boat up after hours and just now got a chance to read them. A little history, there were a couple of times out that I was going along on plane and the engine cut off. I fixed it on the water as there was a connection loose at the battery. Now, currently, my cranking battery is dead and needs replaced.

First one is "engine voltage low" at 152.9 hrs. im assuming this is due to my dying cranking battery.

The second and more concerning is "Estop Asserted", which I suppose could've been when it died due to the lose connection at the battery, and "breakin Strategy" @ 129.2 hrs??? Did it go back into break in mode?

any advice from th experts is much appreciated.

2. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Low battery voltage has occurred NINE times, latest at 152.9 hours. 7.63V during Cranking Attempt (zero question- that doesn't work).

Estop Asserted has occurred TWICE, latest at 139.5 hours, DURING a cranking cycle. This fault simply means that the Emergency Stop Lanyard (or switch) was activated, OR that the key was turned to start while the engine was running (Smart Start models such as yours).

No current runtime page shown, so don't know how old the faults are (suspect you're right at 153 hours, as indicated by the battery).

Replace the battery and motor on.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

Thank you, Don. Any thoughts on the “breakin strategy” notated on the bottom page there? Thank you again for your help.

4. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Simply means that at 129.2 hours, the engine was in Break-In Mode.

Does not provide any indications as to "why" (replacement powerhead, Replacement PCM, someone jockeying with shifter while key "on" (kids for instance), or an Intermittent shift position switch, or the oil pump was replaced and "RESET BREAK-IN" chosen instead of "OIL PUMP PRIME" would be the most common causes).

I suspect the later....

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

That's it! Oil pump replaced. Thank you