Thread: Price of milk.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RazorCat View Post
    We haven’t bought cow’s milk in a decade. On the rare occasion we use milk it’s Almond milk. While I understand prices for regular milk have to stay above a certain point to keep production sustainable I have to wonder where these farmers would be without all the federal subsidies they currently receive. What is the real price point where milk, and other dairy products, are profitable without the taxpayers footing much of the bill?
    I think you are a little off on how much subsidies a farmer receives. I just looked online and my dairy subsidy total for the last 20+ years wouldn't cover a full weeks expenses on my farm. I wish the govt would stay out of farming. Those 20+ years of subsidies I received were wiped out by the tariffs. It was looking like we were going to have a decent year. Now it looks like I will lose six figures multiple times this year. Oh well, I'll just have to have 5-10 years of decent profits to come back to even.

2. Member
    when I go to florida in april it will still be $3 a gallon and millions of gallons produced all around the Walmart I will be shopping. Here in KY I've been buying milk at WM for $1.25 for a year. Jumbo eggs for 70 cents a dozen
    2024 Phoenix 818
    2024 merc 175 pro xs 3B411947

3. Member
    I worked at Kroger from 94-98ish or so....I remember there would be a monthly special of a gallon of milk for 99 cents a gallon...usually it would be close to two bucks I believe.

4. Member
    walmart milk in tx, la and ms right now is borden milk , i work in the dairy industry for a small local dairy . if it gets that cheap in louisana, i will have to start job hunting

5. Member
    Fishingfarmer, are you strictly a dairy farmer only, or do you harvest and sell crops as well?

6. Member
    We do our own crops. On a good year we have a little to sell. On a dry year we are short on feed.

7. Member
    for some reason our milk and eggs jumped up, milk 2.40 gal and eggs 1.40 dz but seems like other places around town its steal cheaper

8. Proud American Union local16's Avatar
    Wait till someone comes along and says "if you don't like the price, don't buy it" Still beats the hell out of gas since most only buy 1 gallon a week.

Dale Sinclair original

WTF is organic milk?

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ericm View Post
    That's still about $.99 more than I'd spend. I helped out on a dairy farm growing up and milk is the grossest sh!t out there. it's almond milk or no milk for me!
    I don't think almond milk is any better, they are allowed a certain amount of contaminates, such as roaches and roach turds
    All sheep are eventually led to slaughter

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff La View Post
    I don't think almond milk is any better, they are allowed a certain amount of contaminates, such as roaches and roach turds
    Exactly. The process is essentially the same, anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by WB View Post
    WTF is organic milk?
    That's all the wife buys for herself. It will keep in the fridge FAR LONGER than regular milk.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

Quote Originally Posted by BP in ME View Post
    An item that you advertise and sell below cost to get people in your store in hopes they'll buy a bunch of other stuff at full price
    And almost always in the back of store , to get you to buy other items .

What’s it matter how much milk costs to us , we spend 10-30 $ on a crank bait that we lose fairly often and y’all are worrying about the cost of a gallon of milk a week .

I think I paid $2.79 for a gallon of whole milk yesterday. I'm not seeing the prices you guys are talking about.
    Ranger Z-20, Yamaha F225.

16. Banned
    3rd generation nut milker

17. Member
    Good read for the almond milk users https://www.naturalnews.com/051296_a...beverages.html
    All sheep are eventually led to slaughter

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234