One battery or two?

Finally getting rid of the junk battery that came with my boat last year. I currently run 2 power poles, 2-12” lowrance carbons, Yamaha 250 sho and aerator all day(crappie fishing). Some days if it is windy I will move the poles up and down quite a bit(drift paddles). Am I better off to get one good 31 agm to run all of this or to run two lighter/smaller batteries in parallel? Trying to weigh out the pros and cons before purchasing...

2. Member
    I was in the same position last year, I run dual poles with 3 HDS9 gen 3s and run livewell aerators so amp draw may be similar. I went with 1 series 31 AGM and have not had any issues, before that I had to jump off of my trolling batteries several times. I fish 8-10 hour tourneys with no issues.

3. Member
    Bump for a few more opinions before purchasing next week........

4. Member
    Northstar/Batteries Plus X2 and you should be fine. People with those accessories and an Opti are using it, and your Yam is less demanding than the Opti. Odyssey 2150 would also be good. Both require a high quality charger, but the Odyssey is even more specific for charger compatibility
    2019 BCB Classic
    Merc V8 200 4S

5. Member
    I have a 250 Yamaha SHO and 3 HDS Carbons, dual poles, stereo and run live well pumps all day. I use the very popular Duracell AGM 31 series that Sam's Club sells. It is a great battery and is on sale in March. I have used mine for 2 seasons with awesome results, not a single problem!

6. Banned
    Sam's Duracell 31 AGM would well.
    Just watch the ones on sale as some of them have been sitting around for months and months.
    They are great for the trolling motor as well

7. Member
    Verado Pro 250 + two Helix 12 and an Helix 7, Talon shallow water anchor and livewells most of the day - using a 31AGM Northstar that I charge after all outings. No problems for three seasons.

8. Member
    one good 31 AGM and a switch that will allow you to connect to one of the TM batteries if needed

9. Member
    Ok, thank you! Have a jumper switch for in case it would die, it was just getting old having to use it by 10:00 am! Lol

SOunds like you may need a new battery. Try load testing it, or you can go to Sams and they will test it for you more accurately than a Harbor Freight one will, lol !!
    Ranger Boats / Mercury Motors
    G Loomis Rods / Shimano Reels
    Raymarine / MinnKota Ultrex
    Garmin / Live Scope Plus
    Pepper Jigs / Robo Worms
    Troll Bridge / V-T2 Vents