Mega SI transducer on Z518 transom

I have a 2017 Z518 w/Merc 150 Pro XS/Optimax with no jack plate due to space issues in my garage. I'm thinking of upgrading my helm sonar from Helix 10 SI G1 to Helix 10 Mega SI G2/G3. Anybody with a similar year Z518 or Z185 mount a mega transducer on one of these boats without a jack plate? Any interference issues with the motor? Any inputs (especially pics of mounting location) would be appreciated. TIA.

2017 Ranger Z518
    2017 Mercury 150 Opti ProXS
    Maxxum 80#
    Humminbird Helix(s)

2. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Alinal View Post
    I have a 2017 Z518 w/Merc 150 Pro XS/Optimax with no jack plate due to space issues in my garage. I'm thinking of upgrading my helm sonar from Helix 10 SI G1 to Helix 10 Mega SI G2/G3. Anybody with a similar year Z518 or Z185 mount a mega transducer on one of these boats without a jack plate? Any interference issues with the motor? Any inputs (especially pics of mounting location) would be appreciated. TIA.
    How is the current SI transducer mounted? Does it work in its current location?

3. U.S. Air Force Retired Alinal's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jtracc View Post
    How is the current SI transducer mounted? Does it work in its current location?
    It's located on the back of the transom about 12" to the right of the motor. Works fine, but the Gen 1 ducer is not nearly as long as the Mega...
    2017 Ranger Z518
    2017 Mercury 150 Opti ProXS
    Maxxum 80#
    Humminbird Helix(s)

4. Member
    I made a similar upgrade on my boat with no jackplate last year. The longer ducer will have issues mounted in that location.

Go under the step with it.
    Pete | 2011 Ranger Z118 | Yamaha HPDI 150

5. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Goin' Ham View Post
    I made a similar upgrade on my boat with no jackplate last year. The longer ducer will have issues mounted in that location.

Go under the step with it.
    install a transducer plate under the step so you can play with mounting location without drilling unnecessary holes. Mount the plate with 2 screws, use 3M 5200 to seal those holes and you are good.