Legend Alpha 199 Trailer

Got hit while moving my boat earlier this year and the damage is enough that a total is a possibility. Spoke to EZ Loader and they said I would have go through a dealer, but having a hard time finding one as the website isn't working for me. Anyone have any idea of a dealer in the general vicinity of NE Iowa area that could help me out if I find out my current trailer is totaled?

2. Member
    Found a dealer nearby, he hasn't dealt with finding a new trailer since the sale to JM so he is doing some digging. Anyone have experience with something similar?

EZ loader can't just sell you an eclipse trailer? i assume the issue with a dealer has to do with the badges or something?

4. Member
    EZ loader sells adjustable and custom trailers. I would assume that a knowledgeable EZ Loader dealer could order a new trailer to fit any Legend. EZ Loader already has the specs of the Legend boats so would be very easy for EZ Loader to build the trailer.

Another and possibly the best option is to have a top notch welder/fabricator build a trailer to fit the boat. If my axles/brakes were serviceable I might go that way.

I could care less what badge was on the trailer.

5. Member
    I'm guessing the issue with telling me to go through a dealer was so it had the badges, but I didn't ask as I wasn't thinking of how difficult it might be to find a replacement at that point. If I strike out with this dealer, I will go back to EZ Loader or an EZ Loader dealer and see if they can source a trailer. Thanks for the idea.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lmoore View Post
    I'm guessing the issue with telling me to go through a dealer was so it had the badges, but I didn't ask as I wasn't thinking of how difficult it might be to find a replacement at that point. If I strike out with this dealer, I will go back to EZ Loader or an EZ Loader dealer and see if they can source a trailer. Thanks for the idea.
    I would imagine that EZ Loader ONLY sells through dealers. Quickest way to go out of business is to undercut your dealers. With Legend out of business the badge is probably unobtanium (no longer able to get) and irrelevant.

7. Member
    My brother had to replace his trailer due to fairly minor collision. Ez loader had him go threw a dealer....dealer ordered based on hull and level of trim he wanted.We were kinda shocked that they totaled his trailer for the amount of damage it sustained.

8. Banned
    When you say minor what was wrong with it. Might have had to due with liability, I think theres been some big lawsuits against boat trailer companies for trailer structural failure while being towed at speed.

9. Member
    I would have called this fairly minor from looking at it, but he hit me square in the wheels so even though the visible damage was somewhat minor, both axles were bent and it bowed the frame slightly. Haven't gotten a response yet on fix vs. total. Ron, did your brother get a new Legend trailer or was it just a standard EZ Loader?

10. Member
    the legend trailers were all built by ez loader

11. Member
    try davenport boat marine in iowa they were a legend dealer

12. Member
    Any clue as to cost? Looking to replace mine and the first response I got floored me.

13. Member
    the standard trailers arent bad the illusion trailers are pricey.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ssmithboats View Post
    the legend trailers were all built by ez loader
    I probably wasn't clear with that question, I was wondering if he got a new trailer with the Legend decals and cutouts or a standard EZ Loader branded trailer. Just out of curiosity.