Mercmonitor install on PT 195 TXW

I apologize if this has already been asked, but for those who have a mercmonitor gauge on their 195 TXW, is it a direct fit in the hole where the speedo is mounted? I have the level one kit coming from European Marine (great folks to deal with!) and I'm planning ahead on where I'm going to mount the gauge. I would like to replace the stock speedo so I'm just wondering if it's going to be a direct fit. Thanks for your help.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fivebyfive View Post
    I apologize if this has already been asked, but for those who have a mercmonitor gauge on their 195 TXW, is it a direct fit in the hole where the speedo is mounted? I have the level one kit coming from European Marine (great folks to deal with!) and I'm planning ahead on where I'm going to mount the gauge. I would like to replace the stock speedo so I'm just wondering if it's going to be a direct fit. Thanks for your help.
    I purchased from EM also, mine fit in the speedometer hole on my 08 175!
    PNG image 6.png

3. Member
    That looks perfect. How do you like the mercmonitor? I'm really eager to get it installed and using it. I'm also going to link it up with my new Lowrance Ti2 graphs so I can see the engine functions onscreen. I will admit, though, that I'm a little intimidated by the whole installation process.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fivebyfive View Post
    That looks perfect. How do you like the mercmonitor? I'm really eager to get it installed and using it. I'm also going to link it up with my new Lowrance Ti2 graphs so I can see the engine functions onscreen. I will admit, though, that I'm a little intimidated by the whole installation process.
    I’ve not been on the water with MM yet, actually still finalizing installation!
    Im also linking to TI2/9”, installing @ same time as MM.
    Think it’s going to be great.
    My main reason for MM was to monitor/preserve condition of the optimax 75 that is on the boat.
    My Son & I have been in our shop several evenings for a couple hours @ a time installing both MM & TI2.
    its not that bad just take yo time & be patient w/installation.

5. Member
    That's awesome. I'm sure you'll enjoy it very much. I'm also installing an Xi5 at the same time as two 9 Ti2 graphs, a Point-1, and the MM. So I'm biting off a lot. But like you said, I think if I'm patient and methodical it will be fine. After this, I don't expect to make any more upgrades for quite some time.... or so I've told my wife... :- )

I have a 2019 Tracker 195 TE and I put the Mercmonitor in the hole where the speedometer was. The fit was perfect. Be sure to plug the speedo tube or you will get water coming in.

20180916_132326_HDR.jpg
    Last edited by Jerry W; 02-20-2019 at 12:26 PM.
    2019 tracker 195 Tournament Edition
    Mercury 150hp 4 Stroke
    4 blade Trophy plus 13 3/4 x 23 SS
    Smartcraft Mercmonitor
    Vesselview Mobile
    Minn Kota Ulterra I-pilot Link W/mega SI
    Humminbird Helix 12 SI Mega Chirp G3
    Humminbird Helix 10 SI Mega Chirp G4

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry W View Post
    I have a 2019 Tracker 195 TE and I put the Mercmonitor in the hole where the speedometer was. The fit was perfect. Be sure to plug the speedo tube or you will get water coming in.

20180916_132326_HDR.jpg
    Thanks for the heads-up on the speedo tube. While we are on that topic, what is the best way to plug it? I haven't actually looked at it yet so I'm asking this somewhat blindly.

Up in the consol I wrapped the tube a couple of times and put a zip tie on it. There is a disconnect back at the engine outside the cowl I did the same thing there. That is where the water will be if not tied off after disconnect. The reason I did the one at the consol was in the event the one at the engine got reconnected. The easiest way to get to the speedo is the pannel just below, remove the 5 screws and let it drop down. Very easy to work with this. Running the cable for the mercmonitor is easier to go from consol to the engine. I tried engine to consol and through the plastic next to the seat was hard, did not work for me. Got a cable fish tape at Harbor Freight and this made it very easy. Good luck, it is worth it once done.
    2019 tracker 195 Tournament Edition
    Mercury 150hp 4 Stroke
    4 blade Trophy plus 13 3/4 x 23 SS
    Smartcraft Mercmonitor
    Vesselview Mobile
    Minn Kota Ulterra I-pilot Link W/mega SI
    Humminbird Helix 12 SI Mega Chirp G3
    Humminbird Helix 10 SI Mega Chirp G4

9. Member
    Thank you for the advice. It's still cold here so it will be another few weeks before I can dig into the project in any great depth. I will definitely pick up a fish tape though. It will come in very handy and is generally useful for other projects.