Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    If you make your mind up for a new boat, start exercising your “patients” brain cells.
    My dealer said 6-8 weeks, I’m reaching 11, no boat! Rt198p.

Ek's Marine in West Monroe. Get a Cat and never look back. Go to the BassCat website and look at their construction videos on their youtube page. Glen at EK's is the best mechanic within a 150 mile radius.

3. Member
    When I bought my boat I did all of my research and knew exactly what I wanted before ever visiting the seller. I bought my boat used and knew I would have to drive to get it. Ended up going to Kentucky Lake for a buyer that had the exact boat I was looking for. I would approach it the same way if I was looking for a new boat.
    Mike
    Ranger Z520
    Mercury 250 Pro XS

4. Member
    Shipps Marine in Gladewater Tx.
    2016 Phoenix 819 Mercury 200 Pro XS
    Kenny

If you are limiting your $$ to between 30-40 K, you will be limited in what boat you can buy new. Almost ANY glass boat with a 200 hp engine is going to be over 40K. I personally would avoid a Nitro and Triton. Rangers are built well, though I don't think as well as they once were. They are also slow...stable, but slow. I have owned several bass boats, and IMO a BassCat is by far the most well constructed boat...period. Best customer service, period. In your price range,you are going to be looking at either a Margay, Sabre FTD, or Pantera Classic, and that last one will push your budget to the extreme, and probably go over. A decked out Sabre FTD with a 175 and good electronics is going to be at the 40K mark, and then some if you get all the bells and whistles. That's with a Yamaha 175 SHO, which is automatically 2K more than other brands of engines. If you want great customer service, contact Brech Marine in Selma, AL and ask for Scott. He will give you a good, fair price.
    BassCat '17 Sabre DC FTD Advantage Elite
    175 Yamaha SHO
    MK Fortrex 80

6. Member
    I know where there is a brand new Crestliner PT20 With a Merc 4 stroke for a good price. https://www.sandsmarine.com/inventor...47129-2606742i

7. Member
    Like was said earlier, if you’re set on a Skeeter, I would go to Nautical Mile Marine, they will spend time with you and get you what you want and answer any questions about the boys and possibly more. They’re good people there.

8. Member
    Is Ludwig Brothers in Farmington still in business? They are/were a Ranger dealer.

9. Member
    Not brand loyal? Email rick at Cat and arrange a factory tour and or a demo ride in your area. You’ll quickly see why their owners rave about customer service. Too many people think it means “my boat broke.” Neither of my Cat hulls ever gave me a seconds problem, hell I currently own a Ranger aluminum. I bet I could pass Rick on the street and he would call me by name. Last time I met Mr Wood he didn’t know me from Adam and asked if I wanted an autograph when told him I’d own multiple Rangers. I have an excellent local dealer that has taken care of my motors for decades. I shop there for oil, parts etc...vs online for the “cheapest price.”

10. Member
    Duckett Marine has some great deals on leftover 2018 Tritons

Here is a video from BassCat to give you an idea on how your boat should be built. Personally I think they are one of the best built (and will most likely be my next buy). Lots of information in this series. Hope this helps.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...Zdg2IHv3NE_l1R
    2015 Legend V20
    250 ProXS
    Lowrance HDSLIVE 12s/16
    BBC Member since 2003

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Warmart View Post
    There are tons of dealerships, IF you are willing to expand your range. Hell, I'd easily drive 500 miles to get solid customer service. I'm still waiting for my next boat (should be ready in a couple weeks) but I'll tell you, I talked to at least 30 dealerships in 4 different states. The dealers around me didn't have any interest, just like you've mentioned. I don't expect to be treated like royalty, but when I call a dealership to inquire about a boat they have listed on their site, and they tell me it's not in stock - and then I say "Ok" and they just want to hang up (happens all too often) - then I just scratched another dealership off my list. They are making it easy for you too, sir! Scratch 'em off and move along until you get treated like someone spending $20 to 50K+ should be treated. You can always use a different service department than where you buy.
    the day I have to drive 500 miles to get my boat engine serviced is the day I no longer own a boat.this must be one of the reasons guys are getting rid of their boats and why dealerships have went out of business.
    keep working,your neighbor thanks you

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123