Livescope Unit Options?

Can someone please enlighten me on which currently available (new) units are compatible with LS? Any recommendations or advice in picking one over another other than screen size?

thanks

2. Member
    https://explore.garmin.com/en-US/panoptix/ Look down the page for a list.

Screen size is highly subjective.. I got a 9" due to price, not pixels..

3. Member
    Would really like to see some screenshots or videos showing the image quality difference between the 93sv and some of the larger units with higher resolution.

Quote Originally Posted by Royt View Post
    Would really like to see some screenshots or videos showing the image quality difference between the 93sv and some of the larger units with higher resolution.
    Hey Roy, here is the image:::: $$$$$$.$$

USS Intrepid CVS-11 Helicopter Anti Submarine Warfare Squadron-3 1960-1964

When I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations I have a good day

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Royt View Post
    Roy, This is an important question and I don't have all the answers. For instance, with side imaging I think that image quality and resolution can make a significant difference and with that also screen size. I don't think that this is as critical for LiveScope. I've used the LVS32 on the Plus93sv, 942xs, 7610xsv, 1242xsvTouch, and 8616xsv. There is no doubt that a big screen just makes everything easier, especially at my age and I do wear glasses. The splitting hairs come from just what level of detail is available in the sonar data to be displayed distinctly when the resolution is improved and the screen made bigger. And the answer is that there is some. The pinch-zoom shows that, certainly to 2x even on the 8616. So yes there will be times that a unit like the 8610 that probably has the best resolution that garmin offers, using zoom, would show you something that 93sv would not be capable of displaying---maybe. The zoom feature has a way of mitigating that. Forgive me but I have to go back to my use of my ancient Vexilar Edge3. 320 vertical pixels. That's pretty bad. However, on 2x Zoom and focusing on a specific range it has the effect of 640 pixels and up to 8x zoom is available. IMO that mitigates the 320 limitation.

So again, yes, there will be a difference between units, using default screens, no zoom, assuming all are set to the same range, depth, etc. The implementation and situation play a role. The implementation of LVS on the Plus93sv is great. I think the best settings, most times, would be a range of 70ft and Auto Med for Gain. I have no problem recommending the Plus93sv for use with LVS without any reservation whatsoever. How about a Plus73sv. No, I do not recommend it. But if that's all a budget will allow, set the range to 50 ft. On the 8616 set the range anywhere you want. The situation is relevant in that how tightly fish school matters. My walleye do not school too tightly, while sometimes crappie do school tightly. There have been times that I saw what looked like a school of bait, that when I zoomed I saw it was actually a school of crappie. That's where the range setting can make a huge difference.

You may have seen these, but here are a few examples. The link is in this post.
    http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread....=1#post9998128

7610xsv Bass at a distance
    Plus93sv Botton at depths 5-50
    1242xsvTouch Crappie under docks
    7610xsv crappie videos
    7610xsv DeepWalleye
    7610xsv LVSvsPS22-Aug2018
    8616xsv LVS12vsLVS32
    7610xsv RangeVariations
    Plus93sv Targets 25-140
    1242xsvTouch Zoom
    Last edited by LWINCHESTER2; 02-20-2019 at 10:31 AM.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

Wishin' I was fishin'...

1990 Ranger 374v
    1996 175 HP Mariner - Magnum EFI
    25p Tempest - A45 model
    80 lb 24v MinnKota Maxxum
    Humminbird Helix 10
    Humminbird Helix 7
    Garmin EchoMap 106sv w/ LS
    Dual 8' Power Poles

7. Member
    Any drawbacks to the 1022 or 1222 units?

8. Member
    For Livescope, no. I've used the 1042 and 1242. Just make sure you check out xsv for whatever else you may want from them.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

9. Member
    Thanks for the responses, it helps. Don your right, I'd better start saving my pennies. I could really see the zoom feature being useful in the right situation.