G3 Eagle 190 questions

Am looking at buying a used G3 Eagle 190 with a 150HP Yamaha four stroke. If anyone owned one of these what were your likes/dislikes? Did you have any porpoising with the heavy 150HP motor? How doe these Eagle 190's ride in rougher water? Do they ride about the same as other aluminum boats like Lowe Stingers, Ranger RT188, etc.

Thanks
    Steve

2. Member
    I have a 2015 19 DLX (not sure how compatible) and came out of Ranger Z20. I have the 150 SHO on it. No huge differences for me. Maybe like driving a 3/4 ton vs a 1/2 ton but don;t really think about the differences. No porpoising at all. Great driving in rough water so far! The big negative in rough water is the flat back transom - if stopped or trailering in really rough water, you can get some waves slapping against and coming over the transom. But otherwise I've had it for about 3 years and loved it!

Good luck with your decision.

I had a 170 and it was an awesome boat. It had a 90 on it and got in the 40's. It rode good in rough water and the only boat I can compare it to is a Tracker PT190 that I had. I sold the Tracker to buy the G3, so you know what boat is better IMO. I'm on my 3rd G3 boat right now.

BTW, I was contemplating buying a 2012 Eagle 190 with a 150 also. What stopped me was the fact that for $15K, I get no warranty on the motor, so I spent more money and bought a new Sportsman 18 with a 6yr warranty on the 90 SHO.
    2018 G3 Sportsman 17 90 SHO

4. Member
    Thanks for your input. It helps even though it is a slightly different model.