1999 Pro Craft 200DC questions

Guys I’m currently a Skeeter guy but need a bigger boat. My budget is not big enough for a newer, bigger Skeeter. I’m looking at this Pro Craft as my uncle had one and it was a good boat, rode well in rough water for its size and fished like a bigger boat. His was a late 80’s or early 90’s model though so I assume quite a bit changed between there and 1999.
    My biggest concern is the stories I heard about rotting transoms, stringers, decks etc in Pro Craft boats. I know that this could be any brand boat but for whatever reason it seems that Pro Craft has gotten that rap. Is there any merit to these stories?
    Also, if I deem this boat to be worthy of buying, it has a 6” jackplate with a newer (‘06) Mercury 225 Optimax. Would the transom and boat be strong enough to hang a couple of power poles on it? Anything I need to be looking at specifically besides the structure?

thanks for your help.

2. Member
    Good all around boat. They did have some transom issues but I think they were mainly with the earlier to mid 90 model boats. And it wasn't any more of an issue than many other boats were having. I think because they were going out of business or being bought out many just tended spend more time on their transom issues. I think you will be fine with that whole set up including the power poles.

3. Member
    I had a 2001 200 super pro. It was a good platform. My only gripes were mostly fit/finish related

seat stitching came unraveled. (Replaced under warranty)
    dash/switch panels clear coat blistered. ( I just removed, sanded ,and painted them)
    rubrail needed constant maintenance ( until I put a bit of silicone on each screw before tightening. Problem solved)
    although it rode well it was a bit on the wet side

I took this boat from Sandusky Bay, deep into Canadian water, and down past Lorain many times without hesitation..
    Id certainly own another one. The layout and fish ability was great for the price.. good luck , and slip some drag along your way

I have a 192 Super Pro 2004 model that I bought new. Only problems I have had with this boat were two or three minor bubbles in the gell coat They didn't show up for several years Got them fixed and I really like this boat. I think they quit putting wood in the transom of them in the 90's Right now can't remember what year. Trim the motor up in line with the boat and put your weight on lower unit and bounce it Should give you an idea if there is any weakness in the transom. I run a 200 Pro XS on it and I don't have any stress cracks at all anywhere in the transom.. I think you would be fine with two power poles.

5. Member
    Well that one got sold but I’m now on the hunt for a decent newer Pro Craft 20’ or bigger...like the looks of them and think it’ll be a good upgrade to the boat I have.
    It looks like they put the console area a little further forward than Skeeter and some of the other manufacturers do? The rear deck space looks pretty big on those boats.

6. Member
    Don't be afraid to look at the 205 Pro as well. Awesome platform
    AK Outdoors Pro Staff
    Limit Out Baits Pro Staff
    Hawg Pours Pro Staff
    American Baitworks Pro Staff
    Helix 12 SI w/ 360, Helix 10 Mega SI, 798ci HDSI
    ’99 Procraft 205 Pro DC '09 Evinrude 225 HO Etec
    If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles.