Servo Motor Rotating on 80# Terrova with I-Pilot

I have a problem with my 80# Terrova with i-pilot. The left/right servo motor will start to rotate as soon as the release handle is pressed to activate the unit. Initially I thought this may have been a remote issue. However, I pulled the battery on the remote with the same results after plugging in the foot controls. I then thought voltage but had the batteries load tested then set them on the deck and wired the trolling motor leads directly to the batteries eliminating the boat wiring. Curiously, I can press the battery test button prior to deploying and the trolling motor will act normally using the left/right buttons and speed options on the foot control until I press the upper or top portion of the pedal portion of the foot control. Once I press this the servo will start rotating uncontrollable. I have been told this is a servo motor issue, control board issue, and receiver issue. Anyone else had this happen to them?

2. Member
    Is this Bluetooth or non Bluetooth? Serial number would help. Inside and on the side wall of the mount.
    So what happens when you deploy and the foot pedal and the remote are not attached. It could be one of several things. I-pilot, foot pedal, remote or control board or a combo of any one.
    I would bring to an ASC for a complete check out. Especially if it is still under warranty.

3. Banned
    Pull the covers and see if there isnt wires touching that shouldnt be. Follow the 2 wires from the steer motor.

4. Member
    The remote is Bluetooth but I pulled the battery to eliminate that as an issue. The TM acts the same regardless if the foot control is attached or not. The TM is a 2011 model with very low hours. Estimate less than 50 hours in the water since new. The boat was repowered at the same time the TM was installed and has 35 hours on it. I checked all visible wires inside and outside the side covers. The boat is 4 hours away. Going to jump the control board this weekend to check amp pull from the servo motor. I am told it should pull less than 3 amps.