Dumb Question: Color Gain?

What does Color gain setting do?

Thanks

2. Member
    Good question.
    I would like to know also.

3. Member
    It increases or decreases the level of detail and noise in traditional (2D) sonar view. Turn it up and you see more detail with more surface noise and clutter. It is similar to how contrast works in cv/sv. Try it on the water. HTH Page 24 of the manual has some info that may or may not help. The manual isn't the best tech writing.

4. Member
    I notice my gpsmaps have color gain for panoptix but my new echomap plus does not have that option. Is it just hiding somewhere?

5. Member
    I think I remember setting it on the Plus 93sv. If it's not an immediate option when you press menu, then choose Setup. Should be there or under Appearance or Advanced.

I use it to make weaker returns darker/brighter.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

6. Member
    It might be in the power button menu once fully powered on, where you can adjust brightness... YMMV.
    d

7. Member
    Power button menu? Like hit power quick without holding it down and this brings up a menu?

Quote Originally Posted by DLinzy View Post
    It might be in the power button menu once fully powered on, where you can adjust brightness... YMMV.
    d