Pick me out a good jig pitching reel

I'm getting ready to order a Kistler Z-Bone 7'3" mh to use primarily for pitching t-rigs and jigs up to 3/8oz.with 12-15lb fluorocarbon. Money not being factor, what reel would you get for this set up?

2. Member
    Lew’s Super Duty SDGIXHF or SDGIXHLF

I’ll second the Super Duty. I prefer the smaller G series. More compact, and holds plenty of line, but still plenty stout for Flipping and Pitching. I added a 95mm handle with oversized knobs.
    BassCat Sabre FTD
    Mercury 150 Optimax
    "It's just fishing"

4. Banned
    If money isn’t an issue I’d definitely buy a metanium mgl or a steez sv Tw

5. Member
    No question a Steez SV. If money were a factor, zillion sv

6. Member
    Steez SV TW or Steez A

7. Winter can end now..... BoatBuggy's Avatar
    Steez A or Steez SV TW with an 90mm handle until I could find a lightly used SV103 XS.
    2013 Ranger Z520c, 2013 Yamaha 250 SHO
    2018 Ranger RT198p, 2013 Mercury 150 Optimax

Since it's lighter weight pitching, I'd get the Steez SV TW, add a 92mm ZPI handle (stock handle is too short), then a ZPI NRC-001M spool (while you can still get them)for an ultimate lighter pitching set up... money being no object of course

9. Member
    Find a 30 year old Castiac, still pitches fine.

10. Scraps
    Any other reel you use. If you want something more purpose built, buy a Lew's SuperDuty. A Lew's Tourney Pro would work fine too.
    2017 Phoenix 819
    2016 200ProXS, s/n 2B359849, Mod 1200P73BD

11. Banned
    How far is the pitching? Are you gonna be doing any long casting? I personally see no need to go beyond the Tatula SV when it comes to not needing any long distance casting. Hell, I can cast a 1/4oz bait 40yds with mine on 40lb J Braid. So no distance issues for me. And Ive seen the internals of the Zillion SV TW and Steez SV TW, aint much of a difference.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bronzefly View Post
    Since it's lighter weight pitching, I'd get the Steez SV TW, add a 92mm ZPI handle (stock handle is too short), then a ZPI NRC-001M spool (while you can still get them)for an ultimate lighter pitching set up... money being no object of course
    If there is a BBC75 code I can use count me in!

13. Member
    Surprised to see three votes for the Lew's Super Duty. I'll have to handle one next time I'm out at Cabela's. I figured there would be votes for the Steez SV. I already have a Tat SV.Maybe I just need to get used to it(Shimano guy) size wise.Playing around with it I realized you can't really run the line over your index finger for dragging a jig.Do you guys ever put your index finger on top of the line when using the T-wing reels?

Quote Originally Posted by jcyoung517 View Post
    If there is a BBC75 code I can use count me in!
    Yeah, I like when folks say money is no object, makes it fun!

If you're a Shimano guy Jake, consider the Bantam MGL. That's a tank of a reel and really nice. I have no problem with the TW reels and a finger on the line, but I palm the reel completely, no fingers behind the trigger, when dragging a jig.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jiggerjake View Post
    Surprised to see three votes for the Lew's Super Duty. I'll have to handle one next time I'm out at Cabela's. I figured there would be votes for the Steez SV. I already have a Tat SV.Maybe I just need to get used to it(Shimano guy) size wise.Playing around with it I realized you can't really run the line over your index finger for dragging a jig.Do you guys ever put your index finger on top of the line when using the T-wing reels?
    I personally do not, but the steez sv is definitely smaller than the tat sv and makes it much easier to put your finger on the line if you so choose