MinnKota 460PC Charger Issues

I have this charger and not sure what this means. The red and green were both flashing for the cranking battery side. Is that a bad battery?

2. Member
    RED and GREEN lights are lit simultaneously for each bank if any of the following apply:
    A) A short circuit.
    B) The battery voltage is below 8.0 volts.
    C) A damaged temperature sensor on the output lead. The bank will stay in maintenance mode if this
    occurs.

3. Member
    Make sure both positve and negative leads are on the correct battery posts. Check fuse in the lead that is showing green and red lights. Check battery voltage with a volt meter to see if the battery is in a state of deep discharge. If all that checks out swap the leads to another battery and see if lights stay on. If lights stay on its a charger issue. If it goes away its a battery issue.

4. Member
    Thx for tips. Now I need the snow to melt so I can figure it out.

5. Member
    Bgibson - I have the same issue and Minn Kota sent me a new lead wire with the 2 fuses and temp. sensor. Changed it out, but still no good.
    How do you get this unit out of maintenance mode? If possible????

Thanks !!

6. Member
    Mr Fish. Are you sure both the flashing green and the flashing red are from the same bank? My 460PC manual shows no pattern of lights that a green and a red would be flashing together. A flashing green is good unless there is also a yellow lit. A flashing red is bad (connection or fuse or bad battery). Switch leads to another battery and see if the problem stays with the lead or the battery as Bgibson suggested. Or call Minn Kota and they will help with troubleshooting. Bob

7. Member
    All I can think of is make sure battery that the charger leads are hooked to is at least showing 11 volts. I believe if the battery is severely depleted you can run into the problem you are describing. Testing the battery would be wise at this point. I would also try to manually charge questionable battery with a stand alone charger and bring voltage up to a more desirable level. Then I would try the Menn Kota charger and see if it works. If it doesn't then a replacement would be the way to solve the problem.

8. Member
    When this happened to me I load tested battery and found battery was bad. Replaced and charger is working fine.