SI on Front and SI at Console?

I have a Helix 9 SI at the console and I am considering replacing my front graph with a SI unit where the transducer will be on the troll motor. I don't plan on networking the two together. If I leave the two SI units on at the same time, will this cause any problems (interference with each other). What's everyone's opinion, is this a good or bad idea? Thanks.

Any two units operating at the same time on the same frequency will cross- talk when their sonar pulses overlap. It makes no difference if the two units are on the same boat or different boats or different brands.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

3. Member
    I get some crosstalk between my units, particularly when the trolling motor is not facing straight forward. 455 SI crosstalk is quite easy to see thru, in my opinion, and not problematic.

4. Member
    Have you tried setting your frequency ranges manually? I know a few frequencies up or down and regular 2D transducers won't cross talk. I've never tried it with imaging frequencies but I imagine it's all underwater acoustics and should work the same.
    Nick Garrott
    BOE Marine
    25' C-Hawk
    18' Privateer

5. Member
    Set one SI unit on 455 and the other on 800. For 2D, set one on 200, the other on 83.

Quote Originally Posted by BrownTrout View Post
    Set one SI unit on 455 and the other on 800. For 2D, set one on 200, the other on 83.
    That works for Imaging, but not for 2D sonar. 83/200 kHz units broadcast 200 kHz all the time for the depth readout. It makes no difference if you choose to display it or not.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL