Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Long time Life Member here and always enjoy the magazine.

2. Member
    I either read it ,or the boards in the “ office “ in the am. You guys are usually more entertaining, and sometimes more informative; if you know how to sift through b.s.

3. Member
    Ole Bill reminds me of a lot of the old guys. I remember making my first trip to the Bend a year or so after it was opened around 1970. We stayed at Ethel's Driftwood Marina and Cabins, and the place had a large restaurant. The place was packed with fishermen trying to eat and get out before the sun popped up. There was the ole guide sitting across from us with a table full of people he was about to take out. He started talking about the young guy he took out the day before and how he almost drowned. The place was like a E.F. Hutton commercial, and everything got real quite....with people straining to listen. The guide said he was fishing over some old wrecked cars, called the junkyard or grave yard, cannot remember the actual name of the place. The young angler hooked a bass the immediately peeled off 20 yards of line and got hung up down there. The angler swore he had never hooked a bass that powerful and was determined to get it up. He handed his rod to the guide , pulled of his jeans and shirt, and dove in. He dove down and was gone a full two minutes, when he popped back up. He yelled at the guide if he had a knife...because this huge bass had went into an old wrecked car and the line was all caught up in the springs of a seat. He was gonna cut the line loose when he gabbed a hold of the giant bass. The guide handed him his fillet knife and the young angler dove down again. He was down for a while, when he popped back up....asking the guide if he had a ....hammer. The guide asked...A hammer? The angler yelled, yea, I need a hammer, that bass rolled the window up on me!!! It stayed quite for a minute or so with people listening as to whether they got the giant bass...when all of a sudden, the place erupted in laughter when they finally realized the ole guide had...just reeled them in.

4. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by yatesville88fan View Post
    I just wish they would put Harry and Charlie in every one.
    One of my favorites too

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry
    I like the Day on the Lake feature the best
    Day on the Lake is my favorite. Unfortunately, I think they do those a year in advance. My guess is we won’t see that feature much this year. Most likely the angler that was featured is no longer an Elite. Unless I just overlooked it, I don’t think that’s in this month’s issue.

6. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by rjvana View Post
    That's what Magazines are for. How many rods and reels have you bought without reading something about them be it here or a magazine.
    No. Its excessive. It used to be full of articles and information. Now 75% of it is advertising. No bueno.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Quillback View Post
    You're the only person on BBC that reads that mag.
    guess there's actually more than one...I fly an aircraft that is a classified processing area (no personal electronics allowed) for about 12 hrs a day. It's gets rather boring at times and I am glad that there are still fishing magazines around.

8. Member
    Too many ads

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fishinFamily View Post
    Day on the Lake is my favorite. Unfortunately, I think they do those a year in advance. My guess is we won’t see that feature much this year. Most likely the angler that was featured is no longer an Elite. Unless I just overlooked it, I don’t think that’s in this month’s issue.
    This month's issue was the Classic preview and they don't do one in that issue.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JYarb View Post
    This month's issue was the Classic preview and they don't do one in that issue.
    Thats a relief! Thought it was going to be a whole year!!

I gave up on "Day on the Lake" after thinking I was starring in the movie Ground Hog Day. It's the same boilerplate article every single time. Just change the anglers name, boat brand, and throw in a few different baits plus the usual gear commercials. The last one I read, the author didn't even note the general location of the country or season. And why is the actual lake such a BIG secret? It's mind-numbing to even try to get through the article.

Not a big fan of the "Day on the Lake" either, no mention of the lake for one thing, maybe private lakes? Get out on a public body of water, name it, and tell us what your tactics and results are and it would be much more interesting.

Not a big fan of the "Day on the Lake" either, no mention of the lake for one thing, maybe private lakes? Get out on a public body of water, name it, and tell us what your tactics and results are and it would be much more interesting.
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by fishinFamily View Post
    I bet they run them as done. They had an AOY article on Justin Lucas in the last issue.

15. Member
    X10 enjoyed Bills story !

16. Member
    Have been a lifetime member since the early 70s and still enjoy reading it cover to cover. Got to have something to read on the john.

17. Member
    Best mag there is for while you're takin a crap

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12