When do you start talking to boat dealers?

Ordering a new Phoenix at the end of the year and build time is 14-16 weeks roughly.
    When do I start getting pricing from the dealers? Do I start now knowing it's still
    10-12 months away before delivery or do I wait a few months?

2. Member
    Wait until you're ready to order the boat.

M

3. Member
    This and there may be some dealers that need to push a few sales and end of year for there numbers which might make them more aggressive. If you know what boat you want and that is what you are getting no need to price out to compare prices to help decide and narrow which boat and what brand. If you don’t know which model you want and price could be a factor doesn’t hurt to reach out and discuss now to help narrow down what model you want while you wait.

4. Banned
    definitely not now! Prices will be too high & firm. wait as long as possible. That will take you into late in the year, when the demand is lower.

5. Banned
    Which Phoenix???... The 721 has the national pricing so I wouldn't think it would make any difference... Other model may vary... Dan

6. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan21XRS View Post
    Which Phoenix???... The 721 has the national pricing so I wouldn't think it would make any difference... Other model may vary... Dan
    hmmmmmm? it would make a difference if buying a leftover 2018, but probably not on a new order for a 2019.

7. Moderator Vexus Boats sclark's Avatar
    prices and options will all change in July / august when the new models come out..
    you might want to shop around for a last years model still on the Dealer floor, more likely to deal on one of those

if you are dead set on ordering a new boat then timing is not so important. Just talk with the dealer a few month to weeks before ordering

8. Member
    I started dealing with my dealer on my 19’ I ordered about 2 months before I finally took hand of my boat. Granted that was skeeter but same type of circumstance

9. Member
    I started getting prices from dealers about a month before I ordered. Then went and looked around the dealer and each model and talked with them to get a feel for the dealer. The next week I went back and took a test ride and ordered.

10. Member
    When the wife says you can. Wait, that is probably just me.

11. USAF and DOD retired Phoenix Jim's Avatar
    I emailed 5 different Phoenix dealers about a month or two and see who was serious about dealing with me. Each sent me a quote and what they would give me for trade in on my basscat. There was several thousand in difference in price and trade in between dealers. Also important to me was who set up the new boat properly and knew their product. Could not have been happier in my deal with Ozawki boats in Missouri.
    2018 Phoenix 920 Pro XP

12. Member
    If you’re not buying for 10 to 12 months, I would wait until the Vexus and Caymas come out.
    Pool 10

13. Member
    Thanks for the info guys. I'll wait until the summer to start talking to dealers and maybe sell my current boat next spring.

Wait till you sober up . Think about a 3-4 year old garage queen for about 1/2 price of a new boat and just as good .

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LTZ25 View Post
    Wait till you sober up . Think about a 3-4 year old garage queen for about 1/2 price of a new boat and just as good .
    Thanks but no thanks.

Put some pics up when you get it , I don't blame you for wanting a new boat . I don't know why I even suggested used because I've never went that route myself .

17. Member
    No problem after fishing out of a 30 year old Stratos forever my wife said it's time for me to get what I want.