3. Member
    Not a Samsung.
    The worst,
    Russell Winneberger
    2002 Stratos 20 XL
    ColorVision Painting

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizzou211 View Post
    For "standard" home refrigerators, I'd say either Samsung or LG. They're rated at or near the top on Consumer Reports. Kenmore is up there too.

If you're thinking about a "built-in", I'd look at Miele, Sub Zero or Thermador.
    You must be joking on Samsung or LG. Those are the 2 I wouldn't buy!
    2009 G3 Eagle 180 / 2009 Yamaha F115 / Minn Kota Maxxum 80 / Helix 7 Chirp SI GPS G2N on Bow & Console

5. Member
    I own a Samsung, worst POS I've ever had. Its been fixed 3 separate times for over $300 each visit in the last 5 years. I'll never buy another.
    2020 Nitro Z21 Pro | Mercury 250 Pro XS |Ultrex 36v 112 MDI | Solix G2 chirp/mega SI 10 and 12 |Garmin 93sv UHD w/LiveScope| 8' PowerPole Blades

6. Member
    PII magnum ---i still say get a commercial one ---still built to last ---wifes was 1200 ---all stainless and looks nice too
    1988 Ranger 364V
    150HP Merc Black Max

7. Member
    No on the Samsung junk.

Quote Originally Posted by okiebass View Post
    PII magnum ---i still say get a commercial one ---still built to last ---wifes was 1200 ---all stainless and looks nice too
    Thats what we are leaning towards.
    Cheaper to keep a kid in tourney fishing than paying attorneys to keep them out of jail !!

9. Member
    No Samsung , nothing Samsung ever other than cell or tv
    ​BULLET 21XRS 250 SHO

10. Member
    I have a fisher @ paykal that’s been great for quite awhile.

Don’t by kitchen appliances that also make TVs.

12. Ft Gibson Lake America lakefolk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Danbleume View Post
    Don't know about the best but I just ordered two Frigidare fridge only models from Lowes yesterday for our food pantry. They are equivalents to the four we currently have. They are on sale for $749,
    Frigidaire and Whirlpool make pretty good quality refrigerator only units.. i buy a lot of them for employee break rooms and have yet to have to need warranty repairs on any of them.. i buy as basic models as you can get..

"Being a winner is more than getting a first place trophy, it is acting like the effort was an honor and the trophy is just a decoration."

"A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him"

Quote Originally Posted by frank perkins View Post
    I have a fisher @ paykal that’s been great for quite awhile.
    I have had a washer and dyer F&P they are 16 years old and still going strong.
    Cheaper to keep a kid in tourney fishing than paying attorneys to keep them out of jail !!

14. Member
    The basic top freezer or side by side Whirlpool brands should serve you well. If they do need repaired the parts will be available.

15. Member
    Here is one for you. I worked in a plant for 40 years, starting in 1973. One of the guys in the control room , Al, who worked with me, had a cousin coming down to visit with him...since he just retired from G.E. ( I believe this was around 1979). He went to work for G.E. after the war, and was a design engineer for appliances. He told us that one day the big dogs called him and a few others into a meeting. They explained ...that it did the company little good to built items that lasted 50 years....sales would always be flat. They told them they wanted the appliances to have a life of around 12 years or so. The motors and compressors had to be made cheaper for fridges, and electrical timers and switches also. This baffled those engineers, because for most of their careers, they were taught to build quality.

A regular frig, it’ll be a Kenmore. Now granted, I had a GE side by side for 19 years before the first issue and that was a defrost element. An $80 quick fix, then bought a new Kenmore when I moved. Love it.

2008 BULLET 21XD 2007 Merc 300xs

We have four

GE Profile, side x Side—— 29 years old
    Whirlpool side x side——- 18 years old
    Kenmore fridge—————-13 years old
    Kitchenaid French doors—5 years old

the Whirlpool lost a mother board under warranty, other then that no problems with any of them. Keep the coils clean does wonders.

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by okiebass View Post
    Matthew, this is your best bet. They make them all solid stainless doors, this will last you for decades. Go to Pinterest.com and type in commercial fridge, many will come up, but they do cost more than the box stores. Those are MSRP numbers that will be posted, so don't panic. They sell cheaper than that

19. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WVBullet View Post
    A regular frig, it’ll be a Kenmore. Now granted, I had a GE side by side for 19 years before the first issue and that was a defrost element. An $80 quick fix, then bought a new Kenmore when I moved. Love it.
    Kenmore=Frigidaire.
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity,
    nothing else matters.​

20. Banned
    We have a Maytag refrigerator especially made for Lowes. It's also seen with the Whirlpool name in other stores.

It has the double top doors with ice and water in the door. Then there's a refrigerator door. On the bottom is a freezer with a wire shelf.

We absolutely love the configuration. Too bad it's not the quality of my old Amana fridge. But there again, Amana's been sold and consolidated too.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast