Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Insurance advice?

Who are you guys using for Insurance on your boat? Getting a 2019 Nitro z20 at the end of this week. Thanks

2. Member
    World Wide Marine on my last two boats, great rates and more comprehensive for what these boats really cost with all the gear. Look up Bob, board member

Geico for me.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

4. Member
    Worldwide marine for me as well. They have treated me right for several years.

Worldwide Marine Insurance
    Office (517) 627-8080
    Office (800) 339-1235
    '17 Nitro Z21, 250ProXS serial # 2B399616, 24p Fury4, 12" Atlas, Apex 16 @ console, Apex 16 & Apex 13 @ bow, Mega 360, Ultrex, 8ft blades

Call Bob Luellen at Worldwide Marine.

Long story short Travelers has a "mechanical failure" coverage that none others offer for your boat. As long as it is like 9 years or newer you can qualify for the coverage. Covers engine mechanical issues.....Call Bob, he will fill you in.
    Derek Chance
    2021 Nitro Z19 Pro 200 Mercury ProXs
    BTS and KVD Line and Lure

6. Member
    I use USAA that insures me through progressive, they also insure my motor against breakdowns for an additional fee

Bryan Partak at Ben Green Inc. (815)830-8349
    Specializes in Bass boat insurance.
    Easy guy to talk to and know his stuff.
    bengreenins.com for an online quote.
    Last edited by DeGraaf; 02-19-2019 at 03:00 PM.
    2000 Ranger 520DVX 225hpdi

8. Dogfish_Jones
    I use Geico for my boat. They even have a tournament package for even the weekend user that is low cost. I did up my coverage on my graphs, rods, reels to $8000 and it was only like $30 more a year. I also have the replacement insurance, so they will replace my boat if it is beyond repair.

9. Member
    Get a quote from Markel Insurance. Your wallet will thank me later and they are a great company to deal with.
    Kyle

2010 Nitro Z-7

PB: 11 lbs, 1 oz

10. Member
    Stay away from progressive insurance.... I made a terrible mistake using them!

11. Member
    Bob at WWM.

Stay away from progressive insurance.... I made a terrible mistake using them!
    What happened Tim? I have used Progressive for years, and have had a few claims with no problems....
    Layton Strong
    Nitro State Team

13. Member
    Tim kroul
    Stay away from progressive insurance.... I made a terrible mistake using them

Same here. What happened

I was with State Farm for years with no issues...until my daughter had an auto accident. Now all the cars and the boat are through Progressive. No issues. Found the rates to be comparable.
    2016 Nitro Z21
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

15. Member
    Had Progressive on my 5th wheel. Had some damage clearly from recent storms in my area. Because water got it at the back corner (where the damage was) they claimed it was lack of maintenance because water got in. I was warned by the dealer I took it to that Progressive would say that. Dealer said they were the worst RV insurer they deal with. I know boats are different, but I’ll never use Progressive for anything. Having said that, you are likely to hear a bad story about any of them...it just seems to be a trend with some.

16. Member
    if you ever have a claim, SF, Allstate, and Farmers are tops. Whenever I send in a claim at my shop, they all approve same day and cut a check. Majority of others, the boat sits awhile before the claim is ok'd. It ain't all about which is cheapest.

17. Member
    ^^^Exactly what my RV dealer said...

Progressive for my last three boats, no problems. I did call Worldwide to compare coverage and cost, in the end Progressive won.
    Craig
    USMC Retired
    2019 Nitro Z18 w/Dual Consoles
    2019 Mercury 175 Pro XS

Psalm 29:3 The voice of the Lord is upon the waters: the God of glory thundereth: the Lord is upon many waters.

19. Member
    From what I understand Bob played a big part to format and write the boat policies that progressive still uses today. The issue is if the agent does not know how to properly add the endorsements on the policy for coverage is where you go wrong with Progressive in the event of a claim. I was hesitant at first before letting him write my policy, but he assured me that as long as I contact his agency for a claim all will be smooth sailing. I ended up falling short in allot of areas with my Allstate policy and others in the past. Progressive has comprehensive plans and does have a "mechanical failure" endorsement for the lower unit/prop, they call it propulsion plus. I would recommend with the MERC TM lowers as we all know they are ridiculously priced. The only good thing is you have to get a TM unit from Mercury so there is no skimping on using SEI for a lesser quality non OEM product. I also am covered fully for gear and electronics on an agreed value policy on an 07 boat.

Bob is very straight forward and his staff is responsive and helpful. He made the adjustments to my policy and I feel confident I will have no issues in the event of a claim. He once told me as he is an old bass fisherman , "Us bass guys are going to need insurance for very few things usually, you are going to hit something and tear up the boat/LU & prop, or someone is going to steal your sh*t, or you are going to get in an accident on the road/ water because of someone else's ignorance"

I would call Bob at Worldwide. He will hook you up !

Guys really, look into Travelers and the Mechanical breakdown coverage. Bob led me there. this is a coverage that nobody else offers to date. If I would have had it when I blew my powerhead, I wouldn't have had to drop another $12500 on a new motor......THIS is where you will get your protection.
    Derek Chance
    2021 Nitro Z19 Pro 200 Mercury ProXs
    BTS and KVD Line and Lure

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast