Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Winter can end now..... BoatBuggy's Avatar

A Few MLF'ers Kept Their BASS Memberships

Gerald Swindle
    Jesse Wiggins
    Stephen Browning
    Ish Monroe
    Brandon Palaniuk

All are fishing the BASS Central Open here at Toledo Bend. I suspect these guys still care about making their way into the 2020 Classic and maybe back onto the Elite series.

Will be interesting to see who signs up to fish the Eastern Opens when they get under way.

EDIT : The Eastern Opens are already underway. Bobby Lane and Ish Monroe were the only ones that fished at the Harris Chain.
    Last edited by BoatBuggy; 02-19-2019 at 09:12 AM.
    2013 Ranger Z520c, 2013 Yamaha 250 SHO
    2018 Ranger RT198p, 2013 Mercury 150 Optimax

2. Shutterbug Forum Moderator bdog7198's Avatar
    This is nothing new, was discussed at the announcement of BPT they would be doing this...
    Prints and more available at: http://BSPhotography.co/
    Digital downloads available at: https://licensing.pixels.com/profiles/1-brian-shoemaker
    IG: BSPhotographyZ9

3. Member
    Are these team tournaments or something. I remember Swindle saying he was taking his nephew or something who wanted to get into professional fishing.

4. Winter can end now..... BoatBuggy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bdog7198 View Post
    This is nothing new, was discussed at the announcement of BPT they would be doing this...
    And now you know who they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Axkiker View Post
    Are these team tournaments or something. I remember Swindle saying he was taking his nephew or something who wanted to get into professional fishing.

definitely not...Pro-ams...triple AAA BASS

6. Winter can end now..... BoatBuggy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Axkiker View Post
    Not team tournaments as mentioned but someone named Trey Swindle is entered so I suspect Uncle Gerald is there to help show him the ropes.

Anglers fishing tournaments...I like it.

8. Member
    Pros fishing Opens isn’t a new conceot, several of them do it every year. Along with a shot at the Classic 1st place pays well if they win. I think Ott Defoe has won two Opens on his home waters the last two or three years.

You must’ve missed the yearly crying from the wannabe’s here who whine because pros fishing the Opens kills their chances at fishing stardom.

9. Banned
    Just goes to show you the power of the BASS Master Classic... Dan

10. Banned
    They changed it back this year if you win an Open you get a Classic spot, thats why. I actually expected more MLF guys to fish opens.

11. Member
    Also BP states that if the BPT doesn’t have some type of feeder system set up that gives normal weekend or up and coming tournament guys a chance to fish professionally, he will leave the BPT and go and try to requalify for BASS. All this talk about BPT, BASS and FLW is getting annoying. Who cares if they fish the opens. I don’t hear any outcry that FLW anglers are registered as well
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BoatBuggy View Post
    Not team tournaments as mentioned but someone named Trey Swindle is entered so I suspect Uncle Gerald is there to help show him the ropes.
    Yeah thats probably the case. I just took his comment like he was fishing with him. Pretty cool.

13. Shutterbug Forum Moderator bdog7198's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ECobb91 View Post
    Also BP states that if the BPT doesn’t have some type of feeder system set up that gives normal weekend or up and coming tournament guys a chance to fish professionally, he will leave the BPT and go and try to requalify for BASS. All this talk about BPT, BASS and FLW is getting annoying. Who cares if they fish the opens. I don’t hear any outcry that FLW anglers are registered as well
    Some will complain whatever BPT anglers do no matter what it is, the fact this has been the norm for years means nothing. It is a chance to win some money, the bottom line when fishing is your job.
    Prints and more available at: http://BSPhotography.co/
    Digital downloads available at: https://licensing.pixels.com/profiles/1-brian-shoemaker
    IG: BSPhotographyZ9

14. Member
    That is Gerald's nephew, his brother passed away a few years ago and he promised he would take care of him. He's been teaching him how to fish and told his nephew he would let him fish out of his boat in the opens and travel with him. I'm assuming he is covering his entries as well. He sounded pretty emotional when he was talking about it in that video. Just another example of how good of a person Gerald is.

Quote Originally Posted by bossbowman View Post
    They changed it back this year if you win an Open you get a Classic spot, thats why. I actually expected more MLF guys to fish opens.
    There will be more that fish the other series.

16. Winter can end now..... BoatBuggy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by juice780 View Post
    There will be more that fish the other series.
    If "other series" means the Eastern Opens, I just edited the original post now knowing that the Easterns are underway and only Bobby Lane can be added to the list.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by slaunch View Post
    That is Gerald's nephew, his brother passed away a few years ago and he promised he would take care of him. He's been teaching him how to fish and told his nephew he would let him fish out of his boat in the opens and travel with him. I'm assuming he is covering his entries as well. He sounded pretty emotional when he was talking about it in that video. Just another example of how good of a person Gerald is.
    Hes one of the best!
    He says his nephew is a good stick. I don’t think Gerald would sugar coat anything.
    Russell Winneberger
    2002 Stratos 20 XL
    ColorVision Painting

18. Member
    I'm suprised more dont fish it. Its money and that's where they make it.

Quote Originally Posted by BoatBuggy View Post
    If "other series" means the Eastern Opens, I just edited the original post now knowing that the Easterns are underway and only Bobby Lane can be added to the list.
    Do they not have a southern and northern series anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    Anglers fishing tournaments...I like it.

If I fished to live.....I'd starve to death!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast