dies after a long idle

My 250 xs dies after a 3 to 5 minute idle going in a no wake zone . The only way it will start back is to pump the bulb up , its a 2017 fully dressed power head that i got from Mercury 2 years ago the serial # on it is QSFC012810S0 and the # from the old power head was 1EOOIO29 2006 250XS.

2. Member
    rebuild pulse pump/just did one yesterday on 2018 pxs check valves were curled off of seats they must lay flat and seal,use OEM kit p/n 857005a1, mtr had 101 hrs said never used ethnol fuel ,said prove it , lake tested idle for 1hr never faultered
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

3. Member
    Thank's i will get one from my mercury dealer .

4. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Also make sure that the rest of your fuel system is properly updated (see FAQ for Fuel Lines and Performance Problems).

More than likely is in the pulse pump.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

5. Member
    Thanks Don I plan to replace bulb and hose with genuine Mercury parts. and check filter and tank, is there a pre filter anywhere before the pulse pump ?

6. Member
    shouldn't be anything other than primer bulb between tank and mtr
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

7. Member
    ok, would it be a good idea to put a small inline filter there or would it restrict fuel .

8. Member
    not needed

9. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    And specifically not recommended by the Manufacturer.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

10. Member
    ok thank's

11. Member
    Make sure and order the parts from Don. The parts come very quick, you get a discount and grab some filters and water pump items to get free shipping.
    Hans Deters

1996 ChampioN Fishunter 190
    1996 Mariner 225 EFI
    1996 Mariner 9.9

12. Member
    Yes talked to Rhonda today , nice people.

13. Member
    My 18 doing the same thing, it’s only here and there after a long idle.. glad I stumbled across your thread kimclark..

2018 blazer 625 Pro Elite
    2018 mercury 250 pro xs
    helix 12, helix 9
    ultrex 112, dual blades.