FX Recessed Foot Control Trim on ZX

*Update. Received the FX trim which is aluminum vs. the plastic trim that comes on the ZX250. After install is done finished product looks great, everything fits. To remove the old plastic trim and install the new aluminum trim the trolling motor power will need to be disconnected and assuming TM is an Ultrex or Fortrex with US2 connector that will need to be unplugged. This requires removing the front electronics to get to the wiring underneath them. Make sure all power is off at the main cut off switch and the circuit breaker for the TM is tripped before starting work. At first glance the new aluminum trim looks wider than the plastic trim, which it is. However the screw holes on both trim pieces line up perfectly and upon tightening the screws the aluminum trim pushed the pad and carpet outward and fits into place. Looks great and the tool holder makes it more functional. Cost shipped from my dealer was $120.

FX Aluminum Trim - Skeeter Part #91132461

2018 Skeeter ZX250
    2018 Yamaha SHO 250

2. Member
    Nice!! Always nice to have a cup holder too

3. Member
    I did mine too. A great addition. I really use the cup holder a lot and like the looks.
    2018 Skeeter ZX250
    2018 Yamaha 250 SHO

4. Member
    Nice! I'll be doing mine as soon as she comes in. Ship date of March 12th
    2019 Skeeter ZX250

Check out my YouTube!! Thanks! https://www.youtube.com/user/WIHunter100/videos

5. Member
    Does the new trim ring interfere with the trolling motor pedal? In the picture it appears to look like the front right side of pedal would hit the cup holder cutout on the new trim ring. Maybe its just the angle of the picture?

6. Member
    BTW Looks awesome !

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bgibson View Post
    Does the new trim ring interfere with the trolling motor pedal? In the picture it appears to look like the front right side of pedal would hit the cup holder cutout on the new trim ring. Maybe its just the angle of the picture?
    The pedal clears the front drink holder by about 1/16". I considered unscrewing the foot pedal and moving it back a little but there really isn't much room to play with. Didn't want to crowd the buttons on the foot pedal. It's a tight fit but it works without the pedal touching up and down.
    2018 Skeeter ZX250
    2018 Yamaha SHO 250