Thread: 93 Sv plus

93 Sv plus

Have two of the echo map plus 93 sv. Love them. But today I had a near catastrophe. The unit placed beside the console came off in my lap while running about 30 mph. 1998 Skeeter 20ft. These units snap on and I always put them on before the boat gets in water.

Moved a few times prior. Water was choppy but not white capping. Winds were forecast 5-10 mph. Nothing out of the ordinary.

Anyone else had had a scare like this? Solutions welcome

I haven’t had one come out but Garmin replaced my cradle because every time I snapped it back in it wouldn’t detec5 the transducer. I’d have to snap it in 2 or 3 times until it would finally work. Garmin sent me a new one and it’s very hard to get it to snap in. I’m thinking about just leaving it in. I was afraid I’d drop it in the water snapping it in.
    2021 Phoenix 21PHX

Wow! Hopefully it was just a fluke thing. Installing mine tomorrow now i am going to worried about mine doing the same thing.

4. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    Always pull on the unit to make sure it’s tight

5. Member
    I plan to call Garmin in morning. I always snap in and pull on the unit. It was tight.

6. Member
    that was my main concern when I was looking them over at a show and talking to their rep. he assured me that he has never heard of a unit popping out of it cradle ( like he would say anything else ). I am also curious to hear if anyone has had a unit pop out while running as I will have to keep an eye on 3 of them.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wldblueyes4you View Post
    Wow! Hopefully it was just a fluke thing. Installing mine tomorrow now i am going to worried about mine doing the same thing.
    If possible, can you post some pics of your installation to help some of us out in this thread?

http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=959006&page=2

thanks!