Thread: Mega vs Mega+

Mega vs Mega+

I had the opportunity to run my boat with a Mega transducer (710268-1) connected on the port side and a Mega+ transducer (710292-1) on the starboard side. They go to a Y cable and then into my Solix G2. I only have a few minutes on the water but you can see the range difference. My understanding is that the difference would be even more significant connected to a regular Mega control head.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Nick Garrott
    BOE Marine
    25' C-Hawk
    18' Privateer

The range of mega is 120 feet so I’m not sure how 60 feet is showing the range difference. Power difference of the new transducer maybe.

3. Member
    Brian you can adjust how far you see with settings changes. These settings were right out of the box and hardly optimized. I don't think 120' in shallow 38 degree water was ever obtained without blowing out the close range picture.
    Nick Garrott
    BOE Marine
    25' C-Hawk
    18' Privateer

120 a side was not a problem at all. Not sure why water temp would make a difference.

5. Member
    Colder water reduces range on sonar. I was at 10 on brightness. I'm sure I could have gone to 20 and seen much further. It was not a maximum range test. It was just a comparison of the two transducers. I'll take you out tomorrow if you want to try it out.
    Nick Garrott
    BOE Marine
    25' C-Hawk
    18' Privateer

6. Banned
    Any updates on this?