Thread: Curado e7

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Curado e7

Is there still a following for these reels? I know a few years ago people were going crazy trying to get anything shimano E.

2. Member
    Love mine..I have 7 and don't think I'm likely to part with them anytime soon.

3. Banned
    I just oiled up and got Mr. Green ready for manana. It's too early, also not much grass, but I also got My Castaic ready for Punching. I even found a spot for the white Chronarch™ All have been great

4. Member
    I think it has died down since the Curado K came out. Shimano screwed up a few models in a row after the E series but have gotten it right on this one. My opinion doesn’t count for much but when Matt Allen of tactical says it’s the best ever I listen. I’ve owned both and agree!
    BassCat Cougar FTD / Mercury 250 ProXS
    Lowrance / Garmin

5. Member
    I have an e5 that I just swapped the gears in a few days ago to bump it up to a 6.5:1 ratio since I barely throw crankbaits. Even though I bought it 8 years ago it’s the smoothest and farthest casting reel I own. My only regret is I didn’t buy more when I had the chance
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp

I use 2 Curado 200Es and 2 Chronach 200Es primarily. They are the same with only a slight difference in the drag.
    Love them and can’t justify replacing. Quality made in Japan. Just engaging the spool it’s evident. They are consistent in the way they preform. My other reels in that price range need more adjustment from day to day.
    Maybe someday I’ll replace or maybe they will outlast me.
    2000 Ranger 520DVX 225hpdi

7. Banned
    I have a Citica200E thats like new in box, and a CitiRado E7 hybrid that is flawless. Enough parts stocked to never have to worry. Yes, they are still amazing reels, even compared to todays "standards", which to me, the new reels arent that impressive. Same goes for my Curado50E, Scorpion1000XT, and 09Aldebaran.

8. Member
    I think the amount of new reels that flooded the market kinda killed it. Some went Lew's and others found the K series. The K series is better than the E series to me.
    Psalm 91:11

I've got four Curado E's and two Chronarch E's. It would be hard to get me to part with any of them!

If they still sold them (made in Japan) , it's all I would own. I only have two 200 E7 reels left.

11. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnD. View Post
    If they still sold them (made in Japan) , it's all I would own. I only have two 200 E7 reels left.
    what happened to all of them?

12. Member
    I have many of them and nothing Shimano has offered in the price range comes close to them.

I ran all E's for years. Finally sold them and bought K's last year. No regrets. The K's cast farther in my experience. Time will tell on durability but no issues so far.

Quote Originally Posted by LgMouthGambler View Post
    what happened to all of them?
    Sold a few on ebay. Knowing what I know now , I should have bought more when they were still in production, lots more.

15. Member
    I love my E7L ; Its my medium workhorse...

16. Member
    Wasn't there someone on here that had a long thread in the WTB area always buying shimano Es? His name was like Lex something lol.

17. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by kondan View Post
    Wasn't there someone on here that had a long thread in the WTB area always buying shimano Es? His name was like Lex something lol.
    Lexi123 or something like that. I think hes was flfipping them on ebay, or trying to, for over $200

18. Member
    Yeah, he would beat you up on price but then sell them overpriced.
    Psalm 91:11

19. Member
    I still have 8 E7's and 5 or 6 I's. To be honest, I like both of them but the E's are my favorite. Don't plan on selling them anytime soon....
    2019 Ranger Z520C DC / 250 Pro XS 4 Stroke

20. Member
    Yeah Lexy123. He appeared to be a Shimano collector. Anyone know why he got banned?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast