Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    So. Deciding if the investment for my 2017 SHO is worth the money. I prefer bulletproof items. Seems like many having issues with multiple brands of lithium batteries. Just had my motor serviced and have to get a new cranking battery. They said it shows fully charged but only shows as 200 CCA. Doesn't make sense to me but not an engineer by any means. It's a 1000 CA battery (energizer I think but not 100%). Thinking it's 2-3 years old. Sealed AGM

anyone who has input about lithiums and their experience is appreciated.

2. Member
    Check out this video on how Chris Zaldain set up his 2020 Skeeter boat. Notice the battery setup.

2021 Skeeter ZX225
    2021 Yamaha SHO 225 VF225LA

3. Member
    AGM. Got it.

4. Member
    Just wanted to get back to you guys now that i have had a chance to get out on the water with these batteries. I have two RB-100-HP in parallel on a 2018 yamaha sho. they work great! no problems at all. ive been out in some cold weather too and no problems starting. 6000 rpm and no signs of shut downs. whatever problem people were having with these batteries was either fixed with relion or yamaha fixed something in 2015-2016 area. Its awsome having a lead acid equivalent of 400 amp hours. I run 3 humminbird 12" a 10" and a 10" garmin graphs all day and doesnt even come close to being dead! For the price of one lithiumpro battery you can have 2 of these and have more power then you know what to do with haha. my two cents. Tight lines!

5. Member
    I have a 2020 fxr skeeter with a 2020 250hp sho. Put four relion lithium batteries. 3 100 for trolling and 1-100hp for cranking. Took out on the water today and when i hit my hydraulic jackplate switch or my power pole switch the 2 helix units turn off. Connected wires the same way as on Interstate batteries that came with boat. Any suggestions

6. Member
    Ifadaol did you figure anything out? I have a 2020 FXR with a lithium hub 130 as house and cranking. Today at RPMs pushed over 4500-5000 engine shut down 3 times like kill switch was pulled, then would fire right up. Thinking it’s the battery after reading all this.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Brent24 View Post
    Ifadaol did you figure anything out? I have a 2020 FXR with a lithium hub 130 as house and cranking. Today at RPMs pushed over 4500-5000 engine shut down 3 times like kill switch was pulled, then would fire right up. Thinking it’s the battery after reading all this.
    Brent24 if your running a Lithium Hub Ionic 125AH cranking battery and your SHO is shutting down, call Lithium Hub. The Ionics are programmed for SHO's, maybe you have a BMS issue. Regardless they're awesome customer service will take care of you.

8. Member
    I run a SHO 250 on a Phoenix, and the #1 question you need to ask the lithium battery manufacturer when purchasing a lithium cranking/electronics battery is, is the BMS (Battery Management System) programmed to work with the Yamaha SHO 250. I run Ionic for that very reason, and Lithium Pro's are also programmed to work with SHO's. I have no idea if any other brands have their BMS programeed to work with a SHO, your best to call them. Some of the Pro's you see running lithiums with an AGM cranking battery is because of sponsorship. Great example is Battle Born. Great company, fantastic people, they're batteries are excellent and very well made; however, they do not make one with a BMS that supports the SHO or new Merc 4-strokes high output charging system. That is why your boat is shutting down, it's designed to in order to prevent overcharging. The easiest way I can explain it, is a properly programmed BMS acts like a voltage regulator to the battery keeping it topped off, but not overcharging sending an over voltage code to the engine causing it to shut down. Again your best bet is to call the lithium battery company directly and ask.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12