Correct Torquemaster Part numbers?

I am talking to a couple guys about buying their 1:75 TM1 lower units for my 2005 225 Pro XS (#1B150792) and I wanted to make sure Im getting the correct lower for that motor.
    Ive been told that 8M0072952 is correct, but Ive also been told there are other lowers that will work just fine, Verado units included?
    if there are other lowers that I can use, does anyone know where I can find those part numbers?

2. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    8M0072952 is the only CORRECT Part Number for your 225 ProXS.

A Verado-Style could be used, but you will lose some of the lift built into the Gen-1 TM case. If you need further assistance, see Rhonda's post (pinned at the top of the Forum)- she can assist or set you up with what you need.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

3. Member
    DON-
    Are there more than one Mercury Torque master lower units with the first letters
    8M007?
    I found one that still has the Mercury sticker on it but its rubbed off and all I can see is 8M007.
    I can send you pics, if that helps? Just want to be sure it's the correct one before I drive 3 hours to buy it

4. Member

5. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mudbone View Post
    DON-
    Are there more than one Mercury Torque master lower units with the first letters
    8M007?
    I found one that still has the Mercury sticker on it but its rubbed off and all I can see is 8M007.
    I can send you pics, if that helps? Just want to be sure it's the correct one before I drive 3 hours to buy it
    Cannot use or rely on "stickers" found on parts. Those are Mercury's INTERNAL PRODUCTION NUMBERS and seldom do they match a Part Number.

And yes, there is more than ONE Gearcase beginning with 8M007

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

6. Member
    Once again, thanks Don...
    yessir, this one won't work with my XS-just got confirmation from mechanic

7. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Since the subject of a Gen-2 Torquemaster came up, here is the warning label that comes affixed to a New Gen-2 TM when you remove it from the box: