Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
    If no assets or kids move out.
    Do the paper work later.
    Life is kinda hard but it's
    better than the other options .. er ..option !

#140 wannabe divorce lawyers/ Dr. Feel/ Oprah/ and Opie's

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hatcreek View Post
    How 'bout when you discover she's banging the neighbor after you spent 3 years of being 100% best friends and another 11 of wedded "bliss" there, Dr. Phil?

Working it out and finding common ground, etc. doesn't always mean that the marriage survives...

I'm more than happy for everyone here who was able to take whatever situation they were in and turn it around for the better to save their marriage.

But the simple fact of the matter is, you can't save 'em all.
    Read my post #120. I divorce MIGHT be the only course, but it’s actually not likely. I’m saddened by so many talking crap about women, their former love, wife’s mom, etc. Guess this is the new “Christian” approach ... divorce, damnation and trash talk.

And to answer your question, if she was banging the neighbor, I’d seek counseling. For one thing, the promise was “for better or worse, in sickness and in health”. I’d say it’s worse and she’s sick, which means you STILL have to make every attempt.

Sure would be nice to not see any additional bashing. It’s not very honorable.

Quote Originally Posted by TampaJim View Post
    Read my post #120. I divorce MIGHT be the only course, but it’s actually not likely. I’m saddened by so many talking crap about women, their former love, wife’s mom, etc. Guess this is the new “Christian” approach ... divorce, damnation and trash talk.

And to answer your question, if she was banging the neighbor, I’d seek counseling. For one thing, the promise was “for better or worse, in sickness and in health”. I’d say it’s worse and she’s sick, which means you STILL have to make every attempt.

no way I could be with anyone that cheated on me. There’s 0% chance I could trust somebody after that.

5. Banned
    This is the LAST place I would ask something like that, Hope she doesn't read this board....LOL

Quote Originally Posted by acesover View Post
    This is the LAST place I would ask something like that, Hope she doesn't read this board....LOL
    Why not? Lot of guys have been through it. Nothing wrong with asking advice about it from a bunch of guys who have went through it.

7. Team Catfish Original hatcreek's Avatar

Oh, there was plenty of counseling... In fact, there was enough that it was determined between the ex- and the lady shrink that it was MY fault she was doing it.

SO much more I could add from those days, but time and forgiveness have rendered those things water under the bridge and it would serve no purpose.

Oh, and please remember that when you deign to judge others through statements like this...

...Did you guys get your brides via mail order or at Sam's Club on clearance?
    I'm thinking some folks should spend more time interviewing prospects, with the big head...
    ...that it might be construed as bashing and/or not very honorable.
    Who controls John Gill?

8. Member

Banging the neighbor....pack your shit and move in there lady!!

9. Member
    know that you are in a battle! no matter what get that thru your head and get help, an attorney trust me and yes its worth it

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanJ View Post
    Banging the neighbor....pack your shit and move in there lady!!
    No. I’d donate her shit to someone who needs it and will appreciate it. Let him buy her new shit..

I may sound disgruntled but I’m not. I’m a realist. This stuff happens every day. So these days I’m just real about it. I’m very lucky to have the woman I do, but second go round the here will be no second chances..

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranger Hog View Post
    I’ll make another comment on this. Like everyone has said, you cannot trust her in any way if you go through with it. My ex and I started off getting along pretty decent for my sons best interest. She let him stay with me anytime he wanted before our divorce was final and for a short period after. But then when she introduced him to the boyfriend and married him it all changed. Naturally my son was smart enough to figure out what went on and wanted nothing to do with him. So they blamed me for him not liking him and started doing there best to keep him from me. I never said a negative word about either of them. It did nothing but hurt my son and it was hell going through it. Make sure that you do your best to get custody of the kids or get as much visitation as possible in your decree. Don’t make the same mistakes I did. And probably the best advice I ever got was never talk bad about there mother. Always take the high road.
    Going thru similar

12. Scraps
    Quote Originally Posted by slaunch View Post
    I don't mean to make light of the situation but I wonder if there's a message board somewhere on a website about a typical women's activity where they run down their ex husband and talk about how ruthless they were during a divorce.
    BPDcentral.
    2017 Phoenix 819
    2016 200ProXS, s/n 2B359849, Mod 1200P73BD

Just something else TJ is better at.

14. Dogfish_Jones
    I married the spawn of Satan. I was tormented in Hell by her for 23 years. Both my kids even came to me and told me that I needed to divorce her before she killed me by her ways.
    Yea, she took everything I had and even after 12 years after our divorce....I am much better off, mentally, physically, financially.
    I still pray every day for her. I pray her brakes give out going down hill, I pray something falls out of the sky and hits her, I pray, that she meets a dog that is rabid and starving.
    The point here is, you will look back on it a few years later and smile you escaped a life of miserable substance and see that life is more enjoyable doing things you enjoy.
    p.s...... Really I don't pray those things on her, I will never allow her to control my emotions again. I'm free of her...thank you Lord for that!

15. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogfish_Jones View Post
    I married the spawn of Satan. I was tormented in Hell by her for 23 years. Both my kids even came to me and told me that I needed to divorce her before she killed me by her ways.
    Yea, she took everything I had and even after 12 years after our divorce....I am much better off, mentally, physically, financially.
    I still pray every day for her. I pray her brakes give out going down hill, I pray something falls out of the sky and hits her, I pray, that she meets a dog that is rabid and starving.
    The point here is, you will look back on it a few years later and smile you escaped a life of miserable substance and see that life is more enjoyable doing things you enjoy.
    p.s...... Really I don't pray those things on her, I will never allow her to control my emotions again. I'm free of her...thank you Lord for that!
    I see you survived 10 more years with your ex than I did with mine. It says alot when she tells her mom and the man that raised her how horrible I was and a bunch of other lies. Then 3 days after she moved out my ex inlaws drove buy her new place and seen her new man in her driveway. Needless to say I'm still very close with my ex inlaws.. My primary fishing partner is the man who raised her from the age of 3.

When I am approached about someone thinking about a divorce I (to there surprise) always suggest them to do everything in there power to keep it together, but there comes a point when no matter what you do or try it just wont work. It takes 2 sides to make it work period.

Quote Originally Posted by Roosterman View Post
    Yep he's got all the answers.

To to the op, even if one of you offers to want to try and make it work, once the cat is let outa the bag,....consider it. You don't want to have any regrets after sour feelings and stubbornness pass.

17. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by hatcreek View Post
    Oh, and please remember that when you deign to judge others through statements like this...

...that it might be construed as bashing and/or not very honorable.
    Tj is a hypocrite...you know this. It's in his DNA.

Quote Originally Posted by Roosterman View Post
    Not many people know this but TJ beat up Chuck Norris once too. He’s just that awesome

19. Mississippi River Rat Kittycat2012's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Locknload59 View Post
    Thank you adurbin and Phoenix Jim. We are celebrating our 40th in a couple of weeks. When I think back of how stubborn I was and it almost cost me the love of my life.
    Congrats man. Good stuff there. To the OP try your best to work it out.
    2023 Basscat Eyra
    Mercury pro team - Humminbird - Bobs - Power Pole - Garmin
    Hammer Rods
    The Tackle Trap

http://www.hammerrods.com/
    http://tackletrap.com/

20. Member
    I’m at least smart enough to realize that ALL men came from women.
    When you disparage them, you are disrespecting your own mother.
    If you’re OK with it, keep the degrading talk up. And send her a copy.

All failed relationships are at least 50% your own fault, no other way.
    Either in pairing choice, personal behavior, etc. Think about it a bit.

Instead of being an a$$hole about it, realize that we are all human.
    Pick up the pieces, act gracious and move forward with forgiveness.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast