Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    Definitely hire a lawyer, a dam good one, and get all your personal stuff and finances in order before telling her. I would go talk To all the nesyvdibest divorce attorneys around so they cant represent her cause it would be considered a conflict. I started getting prepared about a year out and it saved me a ton!! Even take your fishing poles and guns tonabfrtoba friends house just in case she goes crazy and wants to break em all across her leg!! Women are crazy and vengeful!!!

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by texasbass1 View Post
    No it isn't
    1996 Stratos 201 pro xl
    1996 Johnson Faststrike J150GLEDB

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ditchdiggerjcf View Post
    I know it's kinda mean, but damn dude, spellcheck
    Savage!

4. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by btlsranger View Post
    Get a female lawyer too. They don’t like other women.
    One that is loaded w/$$$ and single and doesn't fret as it relates to spelling and/or grammar... Hope You end up w/the alimony.

5. Member
    I would probably kill all my social media. You never know how someone might try to spin something as simple as a pic on FB etc.

6. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ditchdiggerjcf View Post
    How do you throw a divorce?

Blow the other attorney....

7. Banned
    ooops BOW to the other attorney

8. Member
    Don’t know if you have kids or not, but if you do make sure that there is no possible way to fix things. If you don’t then follow the advice you have been getting on here. Make sure you have all your ducks in a row before you let her know. And no matter how bad you may want rid of her it is not going to be an easy thing to do. Divorce sucks plain and simple. There are no winners. Good luck.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LewStulePH.D. View Post
    Blow the other attorney....
    That would do it too.

10. Member
    More than likely she is as miserable in your marriage as you are. She may be even a step ahead of you at this time. Talk to a very good lawyer and prepare for the worst and hope for the best.
    2007 Bass Cat Pantera IV
    2018 G3 Sportsman 1710

11. Member
    Hope you have a good reason, she was sleeping around is a good one. It might save you a little. If you go in with I don't like her anymore, she will take you to the cleaners. Hopefully you aren't sleeping around cause it will be found out. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by btlsranger View Post
    Get a female lawyer too. They don’t like other women.
    My X had a lady lawyer and they kicked the chit out of my So Called High Powered 350.00 per hour Lawyer 20 years ago..

Start putting back cash or anything with value you Do Not Want To Lose..

13. Banned
    She might want out as bad as you. If you can be amicable about division more power to you and it will save you both some $$ in the end. Is that my personal experience ?...No..... Hell no. Its always worth a try but in most cases nothing says your a worthless motherf^&%^r more then taking her name off the checkbook.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jigman51 View Post
    Hope you have a good reason, she was sleeping around is a good one. It might save you a little. If you go in with I don't like her anymore, she will take you to the cleaners. Hopefully you aren't sleeping around cause it will be found out. Good luck.
    We are both unhappy and the kids see it clearly.

21 XD 225 Merc

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SC Bullet View Post
    Have you tried marriage counseling? As a victim of divorce I wish my parents would have tried harder to stay together. As a married man now I appreciate how difficult marriage can be. There has been several times that we have both wanted out and I’m thankful we are still together. Praying you guys will get some professional help and work things out.

16. Banned
    Well, this may be easier than you think. Too many variables, but it may go pretty smooth.

My divorce from my first wife was smooth and painless. This one? She's already told me I'd be sleeping under a bridge.

It sucks kids are involved. You guys need to find a way to work this out amicable. I am not saying stay together, but like Cowtrimmer said you could save some money doing that way. Most lawyers are going to start with a 5k retainer for a divorce with kids and if it gets messy you could be looking at 2-3 times that when done. The only ones who win these cases are the lawyers.

Kill your social media.
    Assume every phone call is being recorded.
    Assume your being followed by a PI.
    Secure your credit cards, and bank accounts.
    Prepare for all the accusations that will be coming your way, maybe even a protective order.
    Give a man a fish, he will eat for a day

Teach a man to fish, he will complain that you stole his fishing spot.

19. Banned
    First and foremost do not listen to any advice given on a fishing site... Dan

I hate to make this sound so bad, but I'm only doing that because it can be bad, very bad if you don't proceed carefully. It took me over 10 years to recover from my divorce, and I didn't even have that much! So, here ya go...

Step 1 - Call a very good attorney. Not an inexpensive attorney, not an attorney that handles workman's comp, not an attorney that handles bankruptcies, but a DIVORCE attorney. Make sure this divorce attorney is a litigator and has litigated a minimum of 20 cases, you have to ask this or you won't know... if that attorney hasn't litigated at least 20 cases, you will be hiring someone that doesn't know how to fight for you but only wants to make a deal. This isn't Let's Make a Deal, it's your livelihood so if you have any assets worth keeping, you will have to fight for them.

Step 2 - Do everything that attorney says. That means stuff like completely deleting ALL social media history, it will be used against you I promise. Don't send her emails, that can be used against you. Very important---be sure to put a freeze on your credit profile using annualcreditreport.com so that she doesn't go out and open a bunch of credit cards or other debts with your name on them, you WILL be responsible even if you didn't know about her opening them. Completely pay off and close every account that has your name on it... don't miss any or it could really bite you 10 years from now.

Step 3 - Pray for an equitable outcome.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast