Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by stx.dead.I View Post

One idea is to epoxy some 1x3x8"ish boards to the ground as chalks and ref points to let me know where i need to get the tires. I was also thinking about doing some tape "pathways" on the ground as guide for the path to get to perfect spot.
    I do both of these....most times I can get the boat in and angled on the first shot.
    Boatless

I use the lines on my back up camera as a reference for how far to back up. I had my son direct me back one day until I was right where I wanted it to be, then made note of which line on the backup camera was lined up with the seam between the garage floor and driveway. For me, it was the first yellow line that touches the seam. The camera is also infrared, so it works in the dark as well.
    1994 Stratos 201 Pro XL 2004 Mercury 200 EFI

3. Member
    I have to do the same thing with my 18'. That's how small my garage is. I just learned spacial reference. I have some old construction cones from a job I used to have. One is in a specific spot. I back the boat straight into the garage until the trailer tires are even with the cone, then cut the wheel. I always have to push the boat in a little, but most of it is just swinging the bow about 12" into the garage. A vertical reference is easier to line up than something flat on the floor I've found.
    2001 Champion 187 Yamaha 175
    12' Talons, Lithiums and Garmins
    All pulled by a Hemi

Quote Originally Posted by Bassman Ia. View Post
    At least a bigger garage.
    Rare as hens teeth in DFW.
    99' 201 Pro Elite
    08' Evinrude 225 HO

5. Member
    I no longer put my boat in the garage but I always back my truck in. I just got my truck in the place I want it parked and laid a 4x4x18 inch block behind one of the rear tires. It never moves when I back up to it but it stops the truck. Only time it does move is if I kick it walking by when the truck is outside but I made an outline of where it needs to be with a black Sharpie so I can put it back in the right spot.
    2000 TR186
    2018 150 Pro XS 4 Stroke
    6in jack plate-24" Fury3

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TampaJim View Post
    New house with bigger garage.
    At present it almost sucks to be you. Parked on an angle, folding trailer and just barely make it. One day you'll forget to lower the motor and end up with a new water heater. I don't have a solution, you seem to be doing all you can with what you have.

Park it outside with the cover on it and park the truck in the garage.

8. Procraft/Astro Boats Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by alli ss View Post
    Get rid of that doublewide huge shelf on the side wall, relocate the hot water heater and put up a few tennis balls for guides. Get some go jacks (the harbor freight junk is junk) and youll be slipping it in there like an ace.
    What makes the harbor freight jacks junk? They work great for me and at 65 bucks a piece are A LOT more reasonable than the 225 a piece go jacks.
    John Woodward

2010 Nitro Z8

9. Member
    Trailer valet

I have a tape line at the entrance to the garage so I can line up the tandem axles and get the angle and offset right before backing it all the way in

11. Banned
    Are Y'all under Homeowners Restrictions? if "No"

026862111753lg.jpg Then build up the sides.

Angle it the other way into the corner
    Larry Eby, 2004 ChampioN 188 Elite/2003 200 Hp Vmax OX66
    "Romans 10:9"

13. Member
    I put a walk out door in mine. I open in up while backing in it provides more light and just in case I go to far I am not going to wreck anything.
    ~~1995 Gambler~~

Mercury 250 ProXS
    Bobs 10" AJ
    Dual Power Poles
    2-HB 1199's HB 1158 HB 597 in dash
    Ultrex 112

"Runs like a cheetah... with his @$$ on fire"

14. Banned
    Garage space is why I went with what I have. Wish I had a bigger garage, but I don't. I can still walk around both sides (with the door open). Also, I have a piece of blue painter's tape on the garage floor.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12