New 4stroke pro xs v8 spacer assembly mercury

Use my new 4stroke pro xs v8 2B596234 first bass tourn. Happy with every thing except. The drive shaft extension kit part #8m0142779 spacer assem. 5” its made out of pewter metal 3/16” thick I fish lake Seminol a lots of stumps knocked about 8”out.with trolling motor my way of thinking this part should made out off better material or beefed up. Used my 200 optimax 2 stroke same lake 8 years no problem of course I don’t think this part was in it.talked to mercury about it in case other people are having this issue he said no.so be carful in the stumps!

2. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Your engine is a 20" Shaft Model- why was an extension kit added (essentially making it a 25" engine)?

TR196 should be using a 20" shaft length....

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

3. Member
    I didn’t know that Thought i was getting 20” model calling dealer tomorrow thanks for info. Can this be removed with out to much trouble and made back into 20” model and could this be causing porpoiseing bad at 2500- 3000 rpm

Wow
    Sterling 22XS / Mercury Pro XS V8

5. Member
    I'm not an expert by any stretch but if your application is on a bassboat I think 20" is the norm. If you are running a 25" on a bassboat it will definitely be a different animal.
    GETFISHED !!!

2021 Phoenix 920 Elite / SHO 250
    Bullet 21XD / 250 XB (Gone to a great home in LA)
    "There is no such thing as a bad day fishing!"

7. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dett23 View Post
    I didn’t know that Thought i was getting 20” model calling dealer tomorrow thanks for info. Can this be removed with out to much trouble and made back into 20” model and could this be causing porpoiseing bad at 2500- 3000 rpm
    Should be removeable, and yes, definitely cause a wide array of problems with setup.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

8. Member
    You were dead right on ! Glad to have you on the bbc .it seems like the factory messed up 2B596234 was suppose to come with a20” shaft . Called mercury and dealer both agreed. Sending dealer pictures . Hope one of them takes care of it

9. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    You've got a PM.

10. Member
    Let us know what happens.
    Mercury 2002 200hp Carbed Saltwater
    OT566776
    2002 Cape Horn 22' Bay

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by low slung cruiser View Post
    Wow

I will second that,,,WOW!

12. Member
    What happened was I screwed up thought broken part was extension it wasn’t after looklng like idiot with dealer and mercury I am now on the right track lowered motor one hole seem to help a lot with porpoislng getting cav. Plate replaced

13. mikesxpress

14. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Hmmmmm....

15. Member
    Are your parts on back order for the cavitation plate??

Quote Originally Posted by dett23 View Post
    What happened was I screwed up thought broken part was extension it wasn’t after looklng like idiot with dealer and mercury I am now on the right track lowered motor one hole seem to help a lot with porpoislng getting cav. Plate replaced