HDS-12 Gen 2 Page Button Not Working

As the title says, the page button on my unit no longer seems to be working. Everything else works fine and luckily my screen was displaying a split between GPS and Sonar.

Has anyone else had this problem and was there a way to fix it without sending back to Lowrance?

I called their service department, but without me having the unit in front of them to give them a serial number, they couldn't do anything for me.

My concern now is that it will fall outside of the 5 year service warranty and I'll end up with a 12" unit that can only display GPS and Sonar at the same time, which kinda sucks.

2. Member
    Did you find a fix for this ? Mine is doing the same thing

I had this problem and was able to fix it. The attached thread is a previous post on a similar button issue.
    http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=628140

This pic shows how I test button ribbon cable. I have a small WIFI router (same as a Go Free module but cheaper) plugged into the Ethernet port so I can control the unit on my iPad (the screen on the right is my iPad). If the screen soft buttons on my iPad work but the ribbon cable does not, I know it is a physical problem with the ribbon cable.

Last edited by Bill Reynolds; 06-19-2021 at 10:17 PM.

I try to drive as if my 16 year old Grandson is following me
    Speak as if he is listening and act as if he is watching

4. Member
    Is there a way to load an old software version on a HDS unit?

I have the same problem with my HDS 9 Gen 2. Initially it was running an older (possible the first or second) software version. In this early software you could open Navigation or Sonar by going through the settings.

I unfortunately updated my HDS software thinking that would fix the pages button problem.

Not a fix, but a definite work around to getting your unit more functional.

Quote Originally Posted by tuds7t View Post
    Is there a way to load an old software version on a HDS unit?

I have the same problem with my HDS 9 Gen 2. Initially it was running an older (possible the first or second) software version. In this early software you could open Navigation or Sonar by going through the settings.

I unfortunately updated my HDS software thinking that would fix the pages button problem.

Not a fix, but a definite work around to getting your unit more functional.
    I may have an older version on my cloud drive let me know what version you have and I will look in the morning

I have versions 4.0, 5.0 and 6.0 for the HDS Gen2 Touch. Let me know what version you need and I will send you a link.