Trim Gauge Calibration?

I recently had to replace the trim sensor on the motor. Prior to the replacement the gauge indicated full trim (while engine is running) at top center (12 o'clock) of the gauge. Now full trim is indicated about 11 o'clock of the gauge. I was wondering if anyone knew if the Ranger Trim gauge can be "calibrated"? I have taken it back to the mechanic and he connected his computer and tried a few things, but no luck.

Also, does anyone know who makes the Trim gauges for Ranger?
    2016 Ranger Z518
    Mercury 150 HP Fourstroke

2. Member
    Trim the engine up high and look at the pivot bracket on the port side,near the top. You will see a round dohicky about as big as a fifty cent piece with two wires going to it,that is the sending unit.There should be two screws that hold it in. Loosen those two screws and turn the sender unit slightly to align the trim gauge,then tighten the screws. I don’t remember which direction to turn it but you will figure it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Rip Bass View Post
    Trim the engine up high and look at the pivot bracket on the port side,near the top. You will see a round dohicky about as big as a fifty cent piece with two wires going to it,that is the sending unit.There should be two screws that hold it in. Loosen those two screws and turn the sender unit slightly to align the trim gauge,then tighten the screws. I don’t remember which direction to turn it but you will figure it out.
    THIS^^^. You don't calibrate the gauge, but the sending unit on the motor.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

4. Member
    Do you have a digital or analog trim gauge?
    2018 Z521L 250 PRO XS V8

5. Member
    analog
    2016 Ranger Z518

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rip Bass View Post

thank you so much! I will try this tonight.
    2016 Ranger Z518

Set your motor on the top of the trim rams just before the tilt ram takes over then adjust the sending unit to indicate full trim
    Butch Derickson
    2011 Z521 w/250 hp SHO
    Traverse City, Michigan