Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Yes, your engine is affected and you will get an official recall notification from mercury soon. You will need to contact your dealer and have them replace the shift actuator on your engine.
    Last edited by 21xTriton05; 02-27-2019 at 09:11 PM.

2. Member
    Thanks for the heads up. Do you know if it will be a recall or just replaced if it fails?
    2019 Phoenix 919 Pro XP - Mercury 225 Pro XS V8

Quote Originally Posted by FD209 View Post
    Thanks for the heads up. Do you know if it will be a recall or just replaced if it fails?
    The recall states it will be replaced & has a new part number that Don posted above

4. Member
    Thanks

5. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FD209 View Post
    Affected engines (within the serial number range identified) will have the shift actuator replaced at NO CHARGE.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

How can I tell if my motor is effected?
    S/N 2B593978

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wicked View Post
    How can I tell if my motor is effected?
    S/N 2B593978
    You're good, your serial number is after 2B588807.

8. Member
    The OP’s serial # looks to be after 2B588807

Thank you shewstring!

10. Member
    Someone needs to clarify this please. What #'s are affected?

11. mikesxpress
    All HD racing models V8 250R-300R serial #1E080585 and below.
    All V6 175-225 & V8 200-300 models serial #2B588807 and below.
    Will have the shift actuator replaced at no charge per Mercury service bulletin #2019-01.
    This is an official recall notification. U.S. Federal Boat Safety Act. The recall does not show up on the USCG recall database yet.

12. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mikesxpress View Post
    Will have the shift actuator replaced at no charge per Mercury service bulletin #2019-01.
    This is an official recall notification. U.S. Federal Boat Safety Act. The recall does not show up on the USCG recall database yet.
    REGISTERED owners of affected engines will receive a letter informing them of what needs to be done.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mikesxpress View Post

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by axlefoley View Post
    Please help with this question. I phoned Mercury (we're here to help with your questions) NOT TRUE....some women answered...... it was like calling Mars.

Quesiton:

2018 Mercury 200L 4 stroke Pro XS...... included in the 2019-01 Service Bulletin.

Purchased NEW Oct 2018........I want to avoid having my new motor taken apart........... this motor has NEVER BEEN IN WATER.........

Can I silicon seal the test port check ball of the shift actuator and address this problem ??????

Thanks in advance!!!!
    This procedure is relatively easy. Lower cowlings come off, and it's 4 bolt on the actuator. Your engine is not going to be disassembled by any means.

To put silicone on the actuator you have to remove the lower unit and do essentially the same thing anyways so why not have the updated parts? You are by no means required to let them work on it but I'd rather not be stuck on the water. By adding silicone to the existing actuator will cause warranty implications as well. I'd rather have Merc pay for the part than modify it & have a warranty claim denied....

15. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by axlefoley View Post
    Please help with this question. I phoned Mercury (we're here to help with your questions) NOT TRUE....some women answered...... it was like calling Mars.

Quesiton:

2018 Mercury 200L 4 stroke Pro XS...... included in the 2019-01 Service Bulletin.

Purchased NEW Oct 2018........I want to avoid having my new motor taken apart........... this motor has NEVER BEEN IN WATER.........

Can I silicon seal the test port check ball of the shift actuator and address this problem ??????

Thanks in advance!!!!
    Axle... Please take a moment to review the Announcements at the top of the Forum, and be sure that your future posts follow the guidelines and include the Required Information. Thanks- and Welcome to BBC!

This is something you really need to take in, per the letter you received. As suggested above, it's pretty straightforward, and most dealers will work with you to make the process as pain-free as possible.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12