SI Transducer trolling motor mount or separate Transducer pole

Getting ready to install a new Ultrex and a Helix Mega 9” SI on the bow . I was wanting to know opinions on whether to mount the SI Transducer on the Trolling motor or a separate Transducer pole ? I came across one from a company called Fishing Specialtes . I have read about interference problems on the TM . I plan on doing the Transducer exchange with Humminbird,I read it has better shielding . Is it difficult to run the Transducer wire up the ultrex shaft ? Kinda new to all this just looking for the best option with the least problems . Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks

2. Member
    I have and use one of the rods you are referring to. I really like it. Very easy to thread the wire up inside the tube.
    I just have to remember to pull it up before running the boat very fast.

The 360 mount for the Ultrex appears to be a good alternative, that would allow you run a separate pole with the SI transducer mounted to it.
    The transducer would need to point forward, but there was a member here who had a similar set-up (on a Fortrex?) and claimed it worked very well.
    The benefit is having the transducer/pole stowed with the trolling motor, not a separate entity to haul in/out.

4. Member
    I like the idea of the 360 mount for the ultrex,not having to deal with a separate pole . Humminbird is out of stock on the mount and it’s $300 . Has anyone made there own mount or can steer me in the direction we’re I might find one ? Will you still get interference mounting an SI Transducer like this ? Should I do the Transducer exchange or would it be easier to mount the transom style bracket to a 360 bracket with down rod ?
    Thanks

5. Member

I'm kind of a caveman and cheap so this is what I use on my tin boat.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazusmc View Post
    I like the idea of the 360 mount for the ultrex,not having to deal with a separate pole . Humminbird is out of stock on the mount and it’s $300 . Has anyone made there own mount or can steer me in the direction we’re I might find one ? Will you still get interference mounting an SI Transducer like this ? Should I do the Transducer exchange or would it be easier to mount the transom style bracket to a 360 bracket with down rod ?
    Thanks
    I've seen a couple posts of DIY mounts. Similar to this: http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=809815
    Basically an aluminum plate mounted to the bottom of the Ultrex head, and some fitting attached to the plate that allows a rod/tube with the transducer attached, to slide through and be locked down.
    A clamp similar to this, that could be bolted to the aluminum plate:

https://www.amazon.com/LAMPHUS-Off-R...59-spons&psc=1

Recent custom mount for that application intended for the Panoptix, but can be used for any other transducer type:

http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=955947
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL