ProSport 20plus in-line fuse size?

Looking for inline fuse size for prosport 20plus please? Also if you know of an easy way to open/close the plastic in-line fuse housing please let me know. I broke one fuse just trying to open it and broke another trying to close/ re-attach the housing? There isn’t much wiggle room trying to expose the fuse without breaking it. Thank you

2. Member
    If the fuses are tubular glass fuses, the fuse current and voltage ratings with be etched on the metal end cap(s). They can be purchased at auto supply, electrical supply, or on-line.
    2000 Viper Coral 202
    2013 Pro XS 200

3. Member
    They are tubular. Thank you

Are you sure it is a fuse?
    99' 201 Pro Elite
    08' Evinrude 225 HO

5. Member
    Yeah i don't have them with me this week, but they are glass tube fusees for sure. The "#3" warning light is illuminated on my unit so i as part of recommended troubleshooting, i checked the fuses. Upon opening one of them I hear glass break/crunch as i tried to wiggle it open. Another one i was able to get open without breaking the fuse but upon closing it, i heard the glass break/crunch. The design for the fuse housing is awful. There is almost now way to open the two ends without wiggling it a tad and when you do that, the fuse breaks. I didn't notice a fuse size on the side as tablerock mentioned above, but my eyes are getting bad so i will check again with a magnifying glass this weekend.

If anyone has a trick for opening and closing the fuse housing, please let me know. Otherwise i will buy a bunch of fuses since i am 0/2 and have 4 to check.

don't wiggle the fuse holder, just push on each end and turn to open. Not sure off hand which direction to turn but if it don't move first in one direction try twisting in the opposite direction.

7. Member
    I did try that before i resulted to wiggling. Once i had them apart, I didn't see any key on the threads that would indicate it was engineered for alignment to open . It just has three uniform ribs or threads that are mutually exclusive of each other - the threads are not joined in a pattern that appears to be a screw lock and like i said there appeared to be no key slot that you could line up to easily open. Either way I agree that wiggle is not the way to do it. Maybe needle nose pliers to pull on each end-tip of the housing for a better grip. I wont be able to get to it until sat. Thanks all.

8. Member
    Its either a 25 or 30 amp fuse, cant remember for sure, 30 I think. I broke one my sons as well. I think its just a straight push on - pull off. But very tight.
    2014 Phoenix 721XP, 250 SHO, Bobs Action Jack, Dual Blades, 112 Ultrex, 2019 Lariat FX4 F150 Supercrew 4x4

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BroWhoop View Post
    Its either a 25 or 30 amp fuse, cant remember for sure, 30 I think. I broke one my sons as well. I think its just a straight push on - pull off. But very tight.
    Thanks for the sanity check. I knew I couldn't be the only one having trouble with the connectors.

I don't have that charger. However, some have an internal circuit breaker and sensors that look like fuses on each bank. If you break those you will have to order new ones.
    99' 201 Pro Elite
    08' Evinrude 225 HO

11. Member
    Most glass fuses used in boat electronics are #3AG size. That is the physical size not the amp rating. Most fuse holders are push/twist slightly counterclockwise/release to open, opposite twist/push to close.
    That said, glass fuses are really old school compared to blade mini-fuses. Hopefully there should be no reason to open them. If your battery reads 12.8 + volts the charger is either working or has done its job.