Ultrex Spot Lock Question

While in Spot Lock mode my Ultrex seemed to lose position and just stop trying to hold in place. This happened twice at various times during one day. Anyone else have this happen? I’ve been using this Ultrex for a year and this weekend was the first time it has become lost.
    Carte's Custom

2. Member
    Sounds like you need to adjust your boat scale settings in your Minn Kota remote that came with your Ultrex.

3. Member
    Thanks Mr. Gibson. I will do a re-set. Question for all: Does extreme cloudy weather affect the Ultrex communication with Satelite signals?
    Carte's Custom

4. Member
    I've never noticed any difference in cloudy weather. Mine works fine no matter what the cloud cover is like.
    2018 Ranger RT178
    Yamaha 75hp
    Atlas Micro Jacker
    80lb Minn Kota Ultrex

5. Member
    That would be a no. It has none what so ever. You do not need to reset as in total reset to do this, It is done the the remote and going to the boat scale setting. and adjusting it from zero to +1 or +2 or -1 or -2.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cartes Custom View Post
    Thanks Mr. Gibson. I will do a re-set. Question for all: Does extreme cloudy weather affect the Ultrex communication with Satelite signals?

6. Member
    Does battery power play a role? If you adjust boat scale to a lower number, will the TM struggle more at end of day after a lot of use and need to adjust it up? I've noticed cases where it seems to struggle and may lose 10-15 ft on spotlock but not sure if it is just wind conditions or because of lower power at end of day. Just wondering if boat scale can compensate for lower battery power or if there's no relationship.
    Wes
    Helix 10 MSI+,MDI+,Ultrex IPilot
    2023 Phoenix 818
    Never assume there's a tomorrow

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bradrodfish View Post
    That would be a no. It has none what so ever. You do not need to reset as in total reset to do this, It is done the the remote and going to the boat scale setting. and adjusting it from zero to +1 or +2 or -1 or -2.
    Correct, it is not a "reset" its just an adjustment to "boat scale"