WRONG!!!!!!

Lower Unit Busted?

Does anyone know how to empty the water out of the Inside of a 2006 Torque Master? Mine was split wide open by the brief cold snap a few weeks ago even though I always try to empty the water out of every time I leave the lake? Any help would be appreciated!

2. Member
    Always been told when tilted down all the way, water will drain sufficiently. Is it possible water was in the gear case?

3. Member
    Bring it inside and let it thaw out......or just leave it alone since it is now junk.

You can pull the oil drain plug------depending on where it's busted there may not be any left if it's thawed out yet.

5. WRONG!!!!!!
    I have always lowered the motor all the way down for that purpose, but the housing busted anyway! Just looking at the torque master, it doesn't look like water has anywhere to drain out when lowered down as compared to stock lower units, because of the low water pick ups don't allow for the escape of water. But its obvious I'm no expert on this subject!

Odds are it busted from water inside the gearcase. Should be able to tell from where the split is located.
    Normally if water has anyplace to expand when it freezes it won't bust a metal container.
    I've left motors up without draining many times and they never busted.

7. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fishnfireman View Post
    Odds are it busted from water inside the gearcase. Should be able to tell from where the split is located.
    Normally if water has anyplace to expand when it freezes it won't bust a metal container.
    I've left motors up without draining many times and they never busted.
    +1

Also, if you would, please take a moment to review the Announcements at the top of the Forum, and be sure to provide the Required Information each time you post. Thanks!

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

Time to order a new case.
    "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."