I popped my break away cable and pulled the clip through on a 2018 Ranger trailer (Tandem - z519)> I was able to release the pressure and the trailer seems fine. I was going to replace the cable this morning or atleast take a look at everything and seems I would have to bleed the brakes. I am not equipped to bleed brakes at this point. Anyway, I looked at the whole assembly and nothing was bent and it looks like the C clip just pushed through.

Should I be able to pull the brake away cable with my hands to activate the brakes? How much pressure does that take to activate?

I could use a flat head and move the actuator and then release it. So, to me it seems fine.

I don't know if this is coincidences or not - One of my trailer brakes is dragging just a bit. I raised up the trailer and I was able to spin the wheel freely with little resistance. I then took the tire off to inspect, I was still able to spin freely with the lug bolts by hand. Also, the disc does NOT get hot. Just makes a little dragging noise. Brakes are in good shape.

Is this okay t drag a little?

I wanted to take my trailer in, just for a second opinion, they are booked up until the first and I have a tournament coming up this Saturday. I have been driving the trailer this way for some time now with no issues or so I think.

Thoughts??