Ultrex Mount Off Center

I just installed a new Ultrex only to find that when the mount is closed (deployed) the upper arm is way left when looking at it from the front. It's far enough over where the latch is hitting the outer side plate. You can pull on it and move it over enough to where it will latch but this is definitely not how it should be. Is there any adjustment on the mount or did I end up with something defective?

2. Member
    Do you have any pictures?
    Phoenix 2021 721 ProXP
    250 V8 ProXS

3. Member
    I'll take some this afternoon.

4. Member
    If you mount the base of the TM on a surface that is not flat e.g. a curved bow area you can deform the base plate. If you bend or deform the base plate the upper portion of the TM assembly is no longer in line and can be off center as you describe.
    Carte's Custom

^^That would be my first thought ^^^
    Try loosening the mounting bolts and see if it straightens out. May have to use some shims.
    Have seen the pivot mount get loose where the pivot arm attaches to the mounting plate.

6. Member
    As said above, the mount is in a twist and causing the arm to not be square coming down.
    BBC Sponsor since 2006: (870) 773-3474
    Mon - Thrs 8am - 5pm Central
    Friday 8am-12pm
    Garmin Certified Dealer and Installers: Call us for all your Garmin Electronics needs!
    ASC for: Garmin, Lowrance, Minnkota, Humminbird, and Powerpole.
    [SIGPIC] http://www.jonestrollingmotor.com
    [/SIGPIC]

7. Member
    Here's a pic.

8. Member
    The bow area is definitely flat except for where the strap goes underneath. I guess I'll play with the bolts to see if I can get it to straighten out. Thanks for the replies

9. Member
    I loosened the bolts and no change. It's still about 1/8" to the left even with the lift assist disconnected. I guess I'll run it into the local ASC to have a look at it.

Have seen the pivot bracket get loose on two different units -- it will allow some play depending on how loose.
    You have to remove both side plates to check .. They have two torx head screws that flush mount holding the pivot bracket to the yoke. those were both loose on mine.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gmchiryder View Post
    Here's a pic.
    Check the latch pin and see if it is centered in the holder. There is a slot on the pin that sets on in the holder where the pull rope attaches. Some time they work loose.

12. Member
    The pin is centered. Looking at it above you can see the whole upper arm tight to the left side with a gap on the right side.

13. Member
    As suggested above. Remove the side plates and see if the Torx Screws are loose or the pivot bushing is broken. Before doing this though you can deploy the motor part of the way and see if it rocks back and forth. It it does then one of the fore mentioned is the problem. If all the above is good then you have a twist in the base form when you installed it

14. Member
    Gmchiryder did you ever figure out the problem you had? Just installed mine and just lowering it in the garage it looks the same as yours.