Lithium battery charging question

Considering running 2 12v 100ah trolling motor batteries. When I ran agm’s, I would use a 24v charger to charge both batteries in series- worked well.
    can the same be done with Lithium?? my guess is yes, but can’t find much info on it.

2. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    Likely not. Lithium batteries as used in boats have a BMS that controls charging. Though some might handle a single charger, I’d bet against it.
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity,
    nothing else matters.​

3. Member
    Ask the people you get your batteries from,but unless it is a 24 volt lithium battery you will need a 12 volt charger circuit for each one as stated above. Bob

4. Member
    There are 24v lithium batteries available.

5. Member
    And that is the proper setting for a 24 volt charger. Maybe not that 24 volt charger. Always charge lithium with a charger that is approved by your Battery mfr., who decides if your warranty is still in affect after using it. It is a large investment,use the right charger. Bob

6. Member
    Update- heard back from manufacturer, in their opinion, charging the 2 12v Lithium’s with a 24v charger set up with a lithium profile would work fine.
    Not trying to argue with anyone, I just like to know all of my options.
    thanks for all of your input!

7. Member
    No arguing. Main point was to check with the folks that will decide to replace your battery or not. Bob
    PM sent.

8. Member
    All good! Knowledge is power, I’m always willing to learn, appreciate your feedback, and PM sent.