Thread: AGM Batteries

AGM Batteries

I've been looking into changing my trolling motor batteries to AGM's. I know they are way more expensive than the lead acid ones. Has any body used these Banshee batteries for a 36v TM application? What other ones have you had luck with that maybe cost less than some other ones.
    Screenshot_20190218-064959_Chrome.jpg

2. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    It says AGM, but the pictures show an Exide-made conventional flooded cell.

ETA: That battery is insanely overpriced. You can get an AGM at Sams for less and you can get a better battery for way less than half what that battery sells for. Looks like a scam site using screwy wording to make people think they are getting better batteries than they are.
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity,
    nothing else matters.​

3. Member
    For that price just get the tried and true Duracell AGM.
    2015 Yellowfin 21 with 2014 Yamaha SHO 250

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Marshfly View Post
    For that price just get the tried and true Duracell AGM.
    and know what your getting at a better price!

5. Wren
    Funny, i was looking at the Banshee battery on youtube a few minutes ago. It is overpriced but if correct the weight of the battery is amazing at 53pounds compared to Duracell AGM 31 coming in at 67.35pounds. I'm not ready to fork out the big bucks for Lithium today but I am looking for he best all around battery and save some pounds if i can.

6. Member
    Less pounds is less capacity. I also looked at that battery. It is sealed lead acid but not AGM. It is liquid acid and does not have the capabilities of AGM and will vent if charged too hot or too long. Leaving even less capacity. I don't think it is better than cheaper lead acid conventional batteries. Bob