Tandem Axle Trailer Question - Trailstar (NitroZ20)

Looking for some feedback. Picked up a new to me Z20 over the weekend. My first experience with a tandem axle. Trailering it was simple and it seemed much smoother than a single axle that I have been used to for 10 +years.

My question is in regards to backing up or any turn radius seemed to twist and torque the trailer. I know there was some scrubbing of the tires but it seemed to moan and groan while doing both. Would you consider this normal ? Maybe I just expected it to behave like a single axle like I'm used too.

Any tips or advise is helpful.

2. Member
    Perfectly normal. You will go through tires more often over a single axle trailer because of the scrubbing that happens also.

Most of the "moan and grown" will be from the suspension.
    Depending on the age and miles it has.. it's possible the nylon bushings are worn out. You can squirt everything with a penetrating lubricant and it should make it less noisey for a while.

All of the above is true, keep an eye on tires, and the bushing fix is cheap but not easy, most of the noise and wear is due to worn bushings,
    2007 Nitro 929CDX, 225 Mercury Opti.
    Hummingbird Helix 10/1199 Lowrance 9/12 carbon/Ultrex

5. Member
    Nylon sleeves in the leafs and equalizers are shot most likely. lets the leaf springs move an enormous amount
    2002 Tr-19 200 ox66