USA Ultrex steering issue - but ONLY when it's below 50 degrees

I think my steering control board is failing, my Ultrex will not turn left with the foot pedal when it is below 50 degrees outside. The remote and spot-lock work just fine below 50, just the foot pedal will not turn left. Crazy thing is when it starts to warm up like this weekend around 10:22am everything started working perfectly. I took it to an ASC after the first time this happened, but of course, they could not replicate the issue (probably because it was warm outside). Is there any way to test the steering control board or do I just have to make sure they check it when it's cold outside? This is Texas so give it 5 mins and the weather will change to exactly what you don't want it to be.

2. Member
    How old is troll motor?
    Sounds like it is a bad sensor board. Even though the symptoms are unusual.

3. Member
    Feb. 2018 “S” serial number.

4. Member
    OK. It should have the latest sensor update, but I still think it is the sensor board.

5. Member
    If the remote is working, then it is the steering sensor board. Needs to be changed.
    John
    BBC Sponsor since 2006: (870) 773-3474
    Mon - Thrs 8am - 5pm Central
    Friday 8am-12pm
    Garmin Certified Dealer and Installers: Call us for all your Garmin Electronics needs!
    ASC for: Garmin, Lowrance, Minnkota, Humminbird, and Powerpole.
    [SIGPIC] http://www.jonestrollingmotor.com
    [/SIGPIC]

6. Member
    I’ve got an Xi5 with a similar issue. Under 50F I can’t use heading lock, or the thing will freeze up and no longer respond to steering inputs until it has been stowed and redeployed. MK and MG must be getting their boards from the same supplier.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by piketroller View Post
    I’ve got an Xi5 with a similar issue. Under 50F I can’t use heading lock, or the thing will freeze up and no longer respond to steering inputs until it has been stowed and redeployed. MK and MG must be getting their boards from the same supplier.
    I suspect that the steering module is bad. If that is the case then it could have damaged the board also. Best to bring to a repair locations and have them check it out.